Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
That really is first rate service. I bought the twins their first knives this year. One is a Wenger and the other a Victorinox.

Am I allowed a picture of my Emerson?

I hope they are as helpful for you.... It took nearly 3 months but they said it would right from the start..... but its come back fantastic....

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I hope they are as helpful for you.... It took nearly 3 months but they said it would right from the start..... but its come back fantastic....
Only nearly three months? That's lightning quick, my watch is in for a service and they said up to 12 weeks when I took it in and I've since had an e-mail saying they need to obtain a certain part and it should be ready by the end of December, which will be over 4 months since I handed it over I think, it is so long ago I can't remember when exactly.

The Swiss obviously like to take their time and do a proper job..

AlanTh

I always believed the hook was for lifting pans off the primus stove when bivouacking in the Alps somewhere!

I was told that the hook was something to do with pulling buttons through thick leather. Probably leather boots.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I met a bloke today with a Swiss Army Bike. Cool huh?

6-IMG_1514.JPG

CharlesF

Guru
Thanks to this thread, I got myself into gear and contacted Victorinox about having my Wenger knife looked at. They instructed me to go through their UK agents - Burton McCall.

This slowed things down as Burton McCall were slow to respond and misunderstood what I wanted. Eventually we agreed that I wanted blade replaced, the tip had broken, and the scissor spring replaced. I sent it off and it was ages before I heard from anyone, then Victorinox contacted me with photos of how they could re-shape the blade and a suggestion that I allow them to replace the plastic scales (the red bits). This would mean I got a new blade but loose the battered look which showed 40+ years of using the knife first as a teenager in the African bush then as soldier in the same bush and after that almost daily general use.

I decided to get the complete overall, and this is what was replaced:
2015-04-26 18.21.58.jpg

The restored knife:
2015-04-26 18.22.39.jpg

The new scales even contain a toothpick and tweezers.

And even better, besides the postage when I sent it off, it didn't cost me anything,

Outstanding service from Victorinox.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The PK70? It's a lovely knife, sharp as sharp straight out of the box. I got one for father's day 2 years ago. The only thing to look out for is that it's really difficult to sharpen with a standard oil stone. Use a japanese water stone instead.

Blimey they're not cheap are they?

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
No, but neither is your knife, and they do a proper job.

Top Bottom