Stolen Ruby Elite Specialized 2009 -taken on 5/9/09 fromTooley Street, London Bridge, London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Good luck sorting this out as well.

mistral

Guru
I didn't bid - happy to help, but can I report him on a hunch?

TT are you not sure it was your bike?

I'd agree though the more people we can get to raise it the more likely it will be looked into

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
the photos of damage are the distinct marks I listed on the shifters when I reported it stolen.

One of the photos of the shifters show it has a blurred outline of a grey look keo sprint pedal. Not what he's listed on his advert. Also still has a specialized black watercage installed though can't tell from the photo if he has taken one off - The other distinct feature which I can't see on the photos as they've not taken pics of the wheels is that one of the rim stickers has been removed and has left smudge mark/glue on the rim. Has reflectors and my one did but that's almost standard.

The only one thing that puts doubt in my mind is that when Carrock contacted him he said the frame was 47cm? The frame should be 51cm.

I do have the frame number though

I'm flagging it now

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
details of item listing number- 1303 431 65809

Seller ID - sx151897

You know with the stuff the seller's purchased (shows lack of taste) but could be a woman.

carrock

ruby

not sure if anyone on here won the bike as it went for £295

suggest report as stolen and then ebay will have to give the poice both the sellers and winning bidders details

if it isnt stolen- well you acted on good faith and you had reasonable suspicion- I mean how many other black/pink rubys with scraped brifters have been stolen in london in the last few weeks- not many I'd wager

ok. ive reported it as stolen on ebay.....

Listing Policy Breaches > Stolen property > You suspect stolen property is for sale on eBay

Item Numbers(s):

Message: I know the person who used to own this item and it was stolen from her 2 months ago!

bauldbairn

Good luck sorting all this out chaps. The thieving b@$t@rd$ :angry::angry:!:angry:

Just checked out this guys ebay sales(as you've also done) doesn't ebay ever check their sellers history.

Selling bikes - who owns two Badboy 700's plus loads of other bikes and is constantly selling them.

Then all the dodgy purchases.

I'm maybe not up to speed with all the tricks that these guys are up to(not being from a big city) - but this has really put me off ebay. How can they be so irresponsible?????

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
puh automated ebay tosh... lets hope the fuzz get on this one...thanks all for the collective moment of citizen action...lol

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to report a seller who you suspect is
offering stolen goods on eBay.

The sale of stolen goods is forbidden on eBay because it's against the
law to sell stolen property. eBay strongly supports law enforcement
efforts to recover stolen property listed on its website. However, we
can only investigate such a serious allegation if it comes from the
police.

If you believe that an item on eBay may be a stolen item, please inform
your local police and ask them to get in touch with us. The
investigating officer can then use the contact details provided in our
Safety Centre:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/law_enforcement.html

We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking a moment to
express your concern to us. Thank you for helping to keep eBay a safe,
fun place to shop.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Vike,if you see this would you or one of your colleagues be able to report via the police form.

Thanks

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
And with that flutter of excitement...I am wiping the cold sweat from my brow and going to bed with self diagnosed 'exhaustion of the bike type'... Well, would be good if I had one of them dog shaped hoodies sx151897 has purchased recently- could be all snug and safe looking like some cartoon dog...

Anyway, I'll leave you with my strange sense of humour and a big thanks to all for the entertainment this eve~!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
M you should go watch Disney...then the world all ends happily ever after and bikes get re-united with their owners- but in my case Disney would make me up for a fight

Top Bottom