The digestive, Lord of all biscuits.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Then there are the chocolate digestives with a bit of caramel sneaked in between the chocolate and the biscuit. The idea is fine but they completely mess up the things. When you bite a biscuit you want it to just break cleanly on the bite. Caramel digestives don't as the caramel still holds them together and you have to rip the bit off with some force which then makes the rest of the biscuit break up and it is all a mess.
Mrs OTH has a packet in which I am now boycotting in protest.
Just put them in whole and forget about refined manners

Mcvities dark chocolate digestives are the biscuits of choice, eaten dry not dunked, can't abide 'em wet. Plus the fact the chocolate melts.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
If you're near an Ikea, these are great. A jammy dodger where the jam actually tastes like jam.

ikea.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Seven layer cookie- this recipe is not as good as my grandmothers' but close. And without the suspense.

Colin_P

Guru
I know I said a dunked rich tea way back but this thread has gone weird with all sorts of exotica, so

Strupen Waffles are quite nice. Waff'ery caramel goodness.

Keith Oates

Janner
You can get many things in China these days but was far as I know not McVities Chocolate Digestives, but I hope to make up for that when I get back to the UK before Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
First of all, the pink wafer, never has and never will be considered a biscuit.

Second, the digestive, ha as if! The rich tea will forever be King and those who ignore this will be punished by the curse of the floppy moistness of a non air tight jar!!

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I fear I am late to the party, but Oreos are the worst excuse for a biscuit, fit only for children or adults of no discernment.
In order
1 my Granny's shortbread
2 Hovis digestive with mature cheddar.
3 Tim Tam slam
Shortbread is not a biscuit

Top Bottom