Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Your retired today. Ok, maybe you didn't want any fuss but it would have been nice to have heard it from you and at least said goodbye, I thought we had a pretty good working relationship so I feel quite sad that you have just gone and that is it :sad:
:hugs:

TVC

Trouble is, maybe they just secretly hated you and couldn't wait to escape! :laugh:

Look at the graveyard of hope that is the 'Things you'd like to say but can't' thread on here! :whistle::laugh:

'Tis a bit poor though, I admit:hugs::cheers:
She worked at our other factory, there are some really bad attitudes there, hers amongst them. Having said that, Lu and I have always got on with her very well. Perhaps once she is free of the place her mood will improve and she will reflect on who the good people were and not on those she has a problem with.

sbird

Über Member
To those cyclists in London who think the Broad Walk in Hyde Park (the path from Speakers corner to the Queen Elizabeth gates (near Hyde Park Corner) is

a) a right of way
b) a reasonable space in which to ride as fast and as hard as you can.​

the correct answers are :-

a) No it isn't
b) No it isn't​

In over two years of commuting this route I've seen some of you
  • yelling at pedestrians for daring to wander into the painted cycle lane,
  • going too fast to be able to stop in time should someone cross your path
  • overtaking without due care and attention
and I've seen the aftermath of three accidents.

It's a shared use path and the speed limit in Hyde Park is 10mph. So do be considerate and not an idiot. And even more so when events such as Winter Wonderland, British Summertime or the Proms are on as there are more visitors to the park than usual. They will go away with the impression that all cyclists are dorks if it's just you behaving like one.

TVC

To those cyclists in London who think the Broad Walk in Hyde Park (the path from Speakers corner to the Queen Elizabeth gates (near Hyde Park Corner) is

a) a right of way

a) No it isn't
b) No it isn't​

It's a shared use path and the speed limit in Hyde Park is 10mph. So do be considerate and not an idiot. And even more so when events such as Winter Wonderland, British Summertime or the Proms are on as there are more visitors to the park than usual. They will go away with the impression that all cyclists are dorks if it's just you behaving like one.
I remember after the TdF prologue in London there were about a million of us walking/riding away from the course across Hyde Park. Heading in the other direction was one lone nobber on a bike, riding hard and shouting/swearing for everyone to get out of his way because it was a cyclepath. A million(ish) people laughed at him.

Aaargh! Sort your ****ing appointment booking system out!

I am not your receptionist, and it's not my job to send people away unseen if you haven't organised the right people to be here to be here to examine/treat them.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

a) a right of way

a) No it isn't
b) No it isn't​

...ermm...I think you'll find under the definition of "right of way" that it is a right of way.....

sbird

Über Member
...ermm...I think you'll find under the definition of "right of way" that it is a right of way.....
Not a right of way as may be generally understood. these are in Royal Parks so are a bit "special". They are subject to regulations specific to Royal Parks, such as the speed limit and the shared use regulations. And this is also one of the reasons why the Parks have their very own dedicated police force.

sbird

Über Member
No - he is correct. They are a right of way (that is cyclists have the right of way over them).

Cyclists are not subject to speed limits in the Royal Parks. The speed limits apply to mechanically propelled vehicles.

And the Royal Parks Police are not a separate police force - they're part of the Met and have been for a number of years (although Royal Parks income that helps fund park policing is ring-fenced and managed by a dedicated OCU). The Royal Parks Constabulary was abolished in 2005.

This is lovely to hear but can I point out that you are both missing my point. Have a look at this

https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks...e-pathway-code-of-conduct-considerate-cycling

And then after reading it consider what may happen to the "rights of way" should it be decided by the park authorities that the current provision of allowing cycling is endangering other parks users. My post was to warn that this may happen.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
(taken from last night...)

Ive known these does were f***ed since 3pm when they stopped working. I then reported the issue to the store supervisor at 6pm after failing to get the doors working who then dismissed the issue and said "dont worry its on a timer" And i tried my best to explain to him that it wasnt on a timer anymore as that got reset by the commercial manager. Its now 11.20pm and I cant close the doors or lock the doors because I was broken. I'm 20mins late to go home.

Night shift manager gets called and turns up. I explain to him that the doors been broken since 3pm and his first response since sitting in the office after starting his 2 hours ago was to cut me off and say "No its not broken -- stand back".

It took so much self control not to tell him to go f**k himself.....

Im sick with man-flu, Ive got a sore throat and breathing in cold air makes it worse. I shouldnt of come into work today but yet I am here. Ive been listening to LOUD CHRISTMAS MUSIC FOR 8 FARKING HOURS despite my requests to have it turned off or turned lower so i can hear myself think.

Please do not test my patience because I will put you through that broken glass door. I am not in the mood for your bullshit.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom