UCI Road World Championships Sept. 19-27 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! Go Lizzie!!!!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Why is Lizzie wearing Sky shorts?

Anyhow, brilliant race from her. Guarnier looks happy to get on the podium. Van der Breggen rather less so for her silver. L took Borghini out on the final climb and being unable to get away from the others, waited till VDB attacked and used her as lead out.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Didn't you notice everyone in the race was in national and not trade kit?!?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Didn't you notice everyone in the race was in national and not trade kit?!?
To be honest, no. But that, I feel, does not quite make me a bad person. And I liked Boardman's suggestion about having numbers on their helmets. But that's another subject. I guess I got confused by the time trial bike kerfuffle with Villumsen's Strealth Trek.

First and foremost, congratulations to Lizzie, not forgetting that Anna who came second also came second in the time trial, quite outstanding, by the way all those on the podium are team mates in their trade team. Now to add a sour note, we have just watched the BBC News at 10.15, in the sports news not a mention of Lizzie's gold medal, utterly disgraceful, dr_pink is tweeting the BBC as I write this, instead we get the usual football news in depth. I simply cannot believe it.
I will place a bet with anyone that if an English rider wins the men's road race tomorrow it will be on the news. So angry.

Top Bottom