What age is old

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 10 9.6%

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • or older

Votes: 74 71.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm 43. I sometimes feel "older" due to some general life tiredness and a few aches, and the fact that I work with many twenty and thirty somethings and they're more energetic. Then I see what some of the other people are doing on here cycling mileage wise, (people who are far older than me), and I remind myself that a guy that I cycle with on a Sunday rides a heavy hybrid at age 80, and he keeps up with us middle aged roadies on road bikes with no complaints - and then I get it in perspective.

Perspective is all. No such thing as an "older" rider as such.

I'm sure you have all satisfied yourselves that you are in some way "not old", but the enquiry was for an "older cyclist" - we're speaking about an enquiry from someone who has not a fecking clue.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My brain feels young, my knees feel old. The calendar says I'm 47, I don't know what age I really feel, it's only a number.
My knees felt very old indeed when I was 50; I thought they were worn out. I was in so much pain that I was having to walk downstairs backwards and get out of armchairs by kneeling on the floor first because I couldn't raise myself to my feet directly.

It turned out that the knees were screaming for mercy due to my obesity. I lost 3.5 stone in weight and since then the knees have been fine - no discomfort from them at all now that I am 60!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm sure you have all satisfied yourselves that you are in some way "not old"

Apart from me. I am old!!!
rinaGKniR.jpg

Attachments

• rinaGKniR.jpg
    rinaGKniR.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 10

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm sure you have all satisfied yourselves that you are in some way "not old", but the enquiry was for an "older cyclist" - we're speaking about an enquiry from someone who has not a fecking clue.

I thought I'd answered that. I feel "older", but it's inherently defined by the perception of the person asking the question. That's the only person who can answer this.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It depends on many things. Cycling seems to delay seeming old. What I'd really like is some of those performance enhancing drugs that are in the cycling news all the time, instead of the ones they keep giving me! :laugh:

Stephenite

Membå
It depends on many things. Cycling seems to delay seeming old. What I'd really like is some of those performance enhancing drugs that are in the cycling news all the time, instead of the ones they keep giving me! :laugh:
You mean the blue triangular ones?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I feel a lot younger with my new job...im not shattered anymore after work, most of the residents at work are 70 to 96..the 96 yr old is full of beans and some younger ones are frail..

i guess its how your mental well being and health are as to how old you feel...
Me i feel better now than i did 10 yr ago at 41

Tin Pot

Guru
Got an inquiry from a guy in the cycling club, for older cyclist to do an interview with a newspaper reporter, i was surprised people of 35 years old were replying to it. So what age do you consider being old starts.:smile:

Fifteen years older than however old I am at the time I am asked.

Top Bottom