What age is old

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 10 9.6%

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • or older

Votes: 74 71.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
We're all youngsters
cartoon.gif

Attachments

• cartoon.gif
    cartoon.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 12
I would have gave him to at least 25 :ohmy:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It's all relative.
When I was 18, 30 seemed ancient.
I'm 45 now and some days that feels blooming old.
But last weekend I was out on the bike tonking along at what I thought was a fair speed when I was passed, seemingly effortlessly, by a cyclist who must have been at least 20 years old than me.
So clearly "old" is some way well past 65...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Probably (I think juniors technically ends when you are 23) but it sounds weird :laugh:

IIRC young Joe Nally actually bucks that trend, he's just turned a junior but he was racing with seniors on the Tour Series (but still with Junior Gears); I am not sure how he was classified for tonight's revolution.
There are riders who are riding outwith age groupings who I think are "older" and some who are still within age groups or lower league teams who I still think of as young. Race maturity/experience and personal/professional development should also be considered.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Being "in later life" seems uncomfortably close to being "the late".
Having been VERY close to becoming "the late" when defined as "approaching later life" I am happy to accept now being "in later life"! :laugh:

Got an inquiry from a guy in the cycling club, for older cyclist to do an interview with a newspaper reporter, i was surprised people of 35 years old were replying to it. So what age do you consider being old starts.:smile:

Like I always say, life ends at 40.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
With advances in medical treatment "getting old" is a state of mind thing, not a physical thing.

I still think I can do all the things I could do when I was 25. I probably can't but I still think I can. I'll bomb downhill on my bike at 50mph, I'll party until the small hours, I'll travel thousands of miles for my work and just get off the plane and get on with it, I'll eat all the weird and wonderful food you get in weird and wonderful places

I see loads of folk who have settled into comfortable middle age at my age, but I'm not ready for that yet. I've met plenty of "old" people who were 30 and plenty of "young" people who were 60

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Don't know really. I'm 23 and it's hard to predict..... but I really think that by living healthily I can still be quite active in my 80s.

Hair is going already though.

Top Bottom