When a friend does a punishment pass...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Then of course you have the Do as you would be done by line. Matthew 7:12 12"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

John 13: 34-35
34"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.35"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Love one another means cyclists too you know.
Seriously, I would be having a long and serious word. If she had known it was you, she would have passed in a decent manner is not bloody good enough. My pastor calls people like her 'lipstick Christians'. All nice and Christian in Church but as soon as they are out they are hypocritical wasters who would be happy to murder their own granny to get home 1 minute faster. She maybe doesn't know that God sees all, not just within the walls of a Church.

I went to Sunday school and know my way around the Bible rather well, better knowledge on the NT, rather than the OT though.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Love one another means cyclists too you know.
Seriously, I would be having a long and serious word. If she had known it was you, she would have passed in a decent manner is not bloody good enough.
I have an opportunity to play the long game with her, using reason alone. She will know that though I might forgive, I shan't forget.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd ask her how she would have felt if she had killed/maimed someone by her selfish actions. :cursing:

Mind you she doesn't half sound like Maz's sister Linda who just happens to be a music/singing teacher (who happens to live in Devon, sings in choirs and drives like an utter tw*t)

Last edited:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Then get him to throw in the cyclist v car anecdote.

Approach your priest, and ask them to ask your friend whether they would be prepared to deliver a small speech on the 'cyclist vs car' analogy to the congregation.

KneesUp

Guru
I presume she wouldn't have done it if she'd known it was you because it's socially embarrassing. Which is very different from truly understanding the potential consequences her actions may have on others.

Incidentally, God doesn't like people shouting at believers on the road. Look at 2 Kings

23 Elisha went up from there to Bethel. As he was going up the road, some young people came out of the city. They mocked him: “Get going, Baldy! Get going, Baldy!” 24 Turning around, Elisha looked at them and cursed them in the Lord’s name. Then two bears came out of the woods and mangled forty-two of the youths.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A helmet on her desk with "murder is one of the seven deadly sins" written on a post-it note might suffice.

Although we all fail sometimes her comment about not knowing it was you is odd; how would she know it was you next time?

Ganymede

Veteran
I presume she wouldn't have done it if she'd known it was you because it's socially embarrassing. Which is very different from truly understanding the potential consequences her actions may have on others.

Incidentally, God doesn't like people shouting at believers on the road. Look at 2 Kings

23 Elisha went up from there to Bethel. As he was going up the road, some young people came out of the city. They mocked him: “Get going, Baldy! Get going, Baldy!” 24 Turning around, Elisha looked at them and cursed them in the Lord’s name. Then two bears came out of the woods and mangled forty-two of the youths.
That old Bible. The gift that just keeps on giving.

Subotai72

she's a hypocritical psycho christian monster, pour brake fluid over her car and never speak to her again.
I wonder how many likes your comment,even though said in jest, would have got had the friend been coming from Friday prayers and not evensong...

Top Bottom