When a friend does a punishment pass...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are friends, have a friendly chat with her. You may be able to let her reflect on her actions. This may save lives in the future.

Some people at work has told me that they have changed their attitude to cyclists after I share with them my near misses on the way to work. They said they now treat all cyclists as me.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Part of the problem is that these people do not see cyclists as people. What difference should it make if they know you or not? They should treat everyone with respect
This is exactly what public education campaigns should be focusing on: the fact that a cyclist you encounter on the road while driving your motor vehicle could be your friend, work colleague, relative, etc., or if not, certainly someone else's. These campaigns should be pushing for more empathy, and pushing hard.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Go higher than the bishop.
Someone sympathetic, like this?

christonabike.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Isn't Evensong supposed to be all nice and choral and chilled out, and leave you relaxed and happy? Anyway, I'm not sure her actions were particularly in keeping with her faith, but the Christian thing to do would be to forgive her, and maybe have a little chat about it so she can see the cyclist's point of view. Probably over a cup of tea and a biscuit.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Isn't Evensong supposed to be all nice and choral and chilled out, and leave you relaxed and happy? Anyway, I'm not sure her actions were particularly in keeping with her faith, but the Christian thing to do would be to forgive her, and maybe have a little chat about it so she can see the cyclist's point of view. Probably over a cup of tea and a biscuit.
I'm going to be patient and see what she says, whenever she feels like saying it. If she says nothing, I shall enjoying waiting for a moment when the subject of cyclists comes up. I'm patient. She's neither unintelligent, nor (normally) uncharitable. It's actually quite interesting to have witnessed an otherwise pleasant and rational friend display such intolerance and poor judgement.

Oh, and we do cake, lots of cake, at school, especially on Fridays.

Top Bottom