Winchester to London (well Croydon actually) - 28 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I might have to pass a late fitness test to make this as I've caught a foul cold off the Doris. I should be alright for Saturday but will have to play it careful. I'll text Friday afternoon/evening if I'm going to be a no-show. Daffodils!

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
The weather forecast looks as favourable as it can be for this time of year. A slight headwind for the ride down, then a strengthening tailwind for the Winchester to Croydon leg. Not too cold, but we may get damp towards the end of the ride.
Here's the final route for the London to Winchester leg. It's pretty direct but was very straightforward last time we did this. We'll be stopping at the same BP/M&S 24 hour petrol station as we used previously (A30 Bagshot at mile 27) and breakfasting in Winchester McDonalds.

This is the final route for the Winchester to Croydon leg. We'll be stopping briefly at the Greco Grill in Borden (mile 28), then Rykas Cafe before Boxhill at mile 61. We may decide not to go up Whitedown/Ranmore and stay on the A25 to Dorking, but we can agree on the day.

Confirmed runners and riders are:
@rb58 (out and back)
@mikeee (out and back)
@Bollo (back, if his cold gets better)
@StuAff - some of the way back
@Eddie_C (there only)
@sagefly (back)
@Mark Grant (back, tbc)
@martint235 (there and back)

Any other takers?
@Trickedem
@Gordon P
@AKA Bob & Rachel S

See you Saturday.

Trickedem

Guru
It's a minimum of 3, but better with 4. I have got a network railcard, so it may not be as bad as originally thought. Anyone else going down from London?

sagefly

Veteran
The 7:35 from Waterloo gets into Winchester 8:37, does that sound a plan? Meet at Waterloo under the clock at 7:00.

Trickedem

Guru
Im arriving at Waterloo East at 7.09, so will be under the clock at 7.15. Are there only 2 of us on the train? I've got a network card, so we can get a ticket for £22.60 each

sagefly

Veteran
I "may" have a friend coming but fully expect him to cry off, 7:15 is a deal, Is Ianruk training down too?

Top Bottom