Would you live in Canberra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And really, Aussie winters are not really winters at all unless you're on one of them big mountains. Just think of it as a rather bad English summer...
Sorry, you are right about most of the Australian population, but Canberra has winter :sad:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...-10-years-finally-ending-20150828-gj9zym.html

(presumably this year won't be as bad)

classic33

Leg End Member
Of course, as are the other 6 bikes!
You'll only need the trike, won't you? Now you're onto three wheels and a more laid back style of cycling.

Ah. I lived in Sydney. Used to get chilly but never frosted. Much like April in Kent.

Australians can bleat terribly about the "cold". I've got used to southern England's weather, so when I was last in Melbourne in winter, I was amazed to hear everyone complaining about the cold, donning boots and even an article in the paper about "Marfs" That's a portmanteau of man+scarf. Of course, that's the giveaway. When only ladies wear scarves, it's not really that cold. As it turned out, the daily forecast was 12-18, some showers. Exactly the same weather as in London, except June in London is supposed to be summer.

But yeah, Canberra is England cold.

classic33

Leg End Member
Australians can bleat terribly about the "cold". I've got used to southern England's weather, so when I was last in Melbourne in winter, I was amazed to hear everyone complaining about the cold, donning boots and even an article in the paper about "Marfs" That's a portmanteau of man+scarf. Of course, that's the giveaway. When only ladies wear scarves, it's not really that cold. As it turned out, the daily forecast was 12-18, some showers. Exactly the same weather as in London, except June in London is supposed to be summer.

The cold doesn't bother me a lot. I rode to work this morning (pre-dawn, actually, as usual), and it was about 6.5°C, but I still rode in my short lycra pants and short-sleeved jersey. No jacket, gloves, arm warmers, etc. It felt pretty chilly, but as long as I kept pedaling, it was OK.
I reckon she'll miss that more she thinks, at present.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Well almost everything was shipped yesterday. It took the packing team of 3 3½hrs to pack up out lives and box it all. They reached the conclusion it would have taken about ½hr without our bikes (2hrs) and our outdoor kit (1hr)! They think we had to much cycling stuff!
In the afternoon, we went and bought some cabin bags and a suitcase. We've never owned any until now!

So it is happening. It's really happening. 12 days and 14 hrs until we are in the air.
Our belongings will take 10-12 weeks.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well almost everything was shipped yesterday. It took the packing team of 3 3½hrs to pack up out lives and box it all. They reached the conclusion it would have taken about ½hr without our bikes (2hrs) and our outdoor kit (1hr)! They think we had to much cycling stuff!
In the afternoon, we went and bought some cabin bags and a suitcase. We've never owned any until now!

So it is happening. It's really happening. 12 days and 14 hrs until we are in the air.
Our belongings will take 10-12 weeks.

Class! Good on you guys for taking the plunge, I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

AndyRM

XOXO

Ha! I can relate to that. Angelinos do exactly the same thing. They looked at me like I was a freak wearing shorts and a shirt in December. More than once I was asked

"You OK man, need a jacket?"

"No pal, I'm from Scotland."

"Cool, where abouts in England is that?"

"Just north of London..."

Top Bottom