Would you live in Canberra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
My dad used to tell me the tale of my Uncle Dick & family,(3 young children) who emigrated to Oz as a £10 poms in the 1950's I always thought what a brave decision and an adventure it must have been.

This thread has revived those memories, good luck and enjoy every minute, the worlds a lot smaller than it was in the 1950's so your not as far away as they all seemed.

Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
Well almost everything was shipped yesterday. It took the packing team of 3 3½hrs to pack up out lives and box it all. They reached the conclusion it would have taken about ½hr without our bikes (2hrs) and our outdoor kit (1hr)! They think we had to much cycling stuff!
In the afternoon, we went and bought some cabin bags and a suitcase. We've never owned any until now!

So it is happening. It's really happening. 12 days and 14 hrs until we are in the air.
Our belongings will take 10-12 weeks.

I imagine you must be buzzing with mixed feelings of excitement and apprehension.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I might get there but not sure about my OH. I've been able to check in, he hasn't for some reason!
:eek:

postman

Legendary Member
All the very best in this adventure.I sometimes wish i had got off my rear end and done something this exciting.One question where abouts during the flight do you actually turn upside down.It will be hard reading your posts then on.

Top Bottom