Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wrong bill for a sparrow @summerdays. Try for a better pic if you can. I don't normally identify birds by looking up their *rse :laugh:

Maybe a Dunnock????? But they don't say "why" to me
Yes but it's been bugging me for a few days and finally I caught them in the act but on the overhead power lines.... we do get Dunnock's but I normally see them from above to be able to identify them.... I'll listen later as I've not got sound on this computer.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Nearly had a head on collision with a deer yesterday afternoon. Luckily the dog and I were out walking rather than cycling. The scent of the dog spooked the deer who halted in the middle of the hedge, turned round and fled for the hills, much to the dog's disappointment. Then half an hour or so later, we saw a young fox who ignored us both. The dog also got very excited about this encounter but didn't quite know what to do as it wasn't one of the foxes who ignore her at home and it's obviously not the done thing to bark at a strange fox until you've been formally introduced.

Been trying out the Aldi night camera to see what our hogs get up to at night . Found out
* Stevehog comes several times throughout the night and he can move remarkably quickly when he wants to
* He turns his snifter up at cat food, much prefers mealworms, sunflower hearts, ...
* We have a mouse which visits. Funnily enough our cat and the neighbours sometimes stake out the feeders as well
* Blackbirds invade in the dawn, hence we only open the feeders at night
Will get a video uploaded when I create an account. Camera is pretty good for the price.

IMAG0063_small.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Been trying out the Aldi night camera to see what our hogs get up to at night . Found out
* Stevehog comes several times throughout the night and he can move remarkably quickly when he wants to
* He turns his snifter up at cat food, much prefers mealworms, sunflower hearts, ...
* We have a mouse which visits. Funnily enough our cat and the neighbours sometimes stake out the feeders as well
* Blackbirds invade in the dawn, hence we only open the feeders at night
Will get a video uploaded when I create an account. Camera is pretty good for the price.

View attachment 94341
Times are hard. You should invite them in instead of leaving them out there to squabble with the 'hogs.

Times are hard. You should invite them in instead of leaving them out there to squabble with the 'hogs.

Must admit, our kids swing is next to the feeders and I sometimes sit outside for 10 mins after opening up the feeders at dusk to see him rustle his way towards breakfast. "trouble" is that this is 1/2 way down the garden and you can see right into their bedroom window :rolleyes:. Mustn't look ...

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Last night I saw a small dark patch on the patio outside our living room and immediately knew what it was even though it was still as a shadow.

As it happens my brain was at that moment engaged with thinking about frogs (it's a long story); this was too good an opportunity to pass up! So I raced outside, where he was still waiting patiently, and picked him up.

courting.jpg

Given his mating rituals I assume he was hoping to get luckier than meeting a man who needed a prop for a photo op.

I engaged his services for all of five minutes then set him loose, feeling bad to have troubled him but happy that providence had handed me a hopper.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Or this sort...

rcc-45a7b80b48511Hillbillies2.jpg

I currently have a flock (?) of new fledglings that have found the bird fat and sunflower seeds. There are currently 5 of them hanging around or off the fat and sitting inside the seed feeder making a racket. they are a noisy bunch! I also have a robin fledgling that has taught itself how to hang off the bird fat feeder and is happily eating away alongside the noisy bunch!

Top Bottom