Your nomination for the crappest heavy metal or rock band ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Smashing Pumpkins.

I think I should walk away from this thread or it will take over my afternoon.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

....and Derek Smalls.....
Derek Smalls.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
Any band who had a guitarist using a guitar with more than one neck.

View attachment 140619

And I mean multi-necked guitars, not multi-necked guitarists. They're pretty cool.

I shouldn't be dragging them into this, but Boris use multi necked guitars and are easily one of the coolest bands on the planet. Akuma No Uta is an album so good that even the dicks at Pitchfork like it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Probably won't find many rock fans in agreement with this, but Led Zep were very over-rated IMHO..
With the glaring exception of Stairway to Heaven, which is one of my most favourite songs ever.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Probably won't find many rock fans in agreement with this, but Led Zep were very over-rated IMHO..
With the glaring exception of Stairway to Heaven, which is one of my most favourite songs ever.
Funnily enough, I rate Led Zeppelin very highly - especially their first two albums.
Stairway to Heaven is, in my opinion, one of their worst tracks.
I also rate Lynyrd Skynyrd very high, but reckon that Freebird is pretty low on the scale.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO

Agreed on the popular/well known Zep stuff, but I do like a fair bit of their lesser known efforts, particularly the more acoustic and folk driven stuff.

Another few I really don't get the appreciation for:

Linkin Park, 5 Finger Death Punch, Pantera and MachineHead.

AndyRM

XOXO
Has anyone mentioned The Red Hot Chilli Peppers yet? I hate the name and think their music is utter crap. Talking Heads...more crap!

Disagree on the Chili Peppers up to a point. They were brilliant before Frusciante left but sadly never quite got back to their best when he returned.

Whether you like them or not, they did give us the most passive aggressive live performance of all time:

Top Bottom