£100m for Kaka!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The effing world has gone mad, particularly the football world if this happens.
He has reputedly been offered £500k per week after tax too. At these times it just sticks in the craw. People are losing their houses and jobs for the want of a few grand.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've heard the word kaka used by the leading riders in a group to warn of horse/cow/dog shoot in the road ahead…

i hope he doesn't live up to billing at that price :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Manchester City a big club? Since when? Like our own team Leeds Utd over 30 years ago.Get real.This money is going to spoil football.Wait for the big bang.

Twiggy

and people look at me funny when I say wages should be capped.

Clubs get themselves into all sorts of troubles, not able to afford bills and such with stunts like these.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
postman said:
Manchester City a big club? Since when? Like our own team Leeds Utd over 30 years ago.Get real.This money is going to spoil football.Wait for the big bang.

What do you mean "will spoil"?
It already has... and I am speaking as Chelsea supporter.

simoncc

Funny how it is always football that people get all worked up about when it comes to money. Pop stars and film stars can earn tens of millions per year and people still worship them and actually regard them as serious figures whose words have importance. Think of Bono's ramblings and the crass interviews film stars give about bringing about world peace and harmony. At least mega-rich footabllers usually keep quiet.

yello

Sign of the times and all that. If someone offered me 500k a week then I don't think I'd be turning them down, regardless of the number of house repossessions etc. What Man City do with their bank roll is their call.

Personally, I think they're going about it the wrong way as 1 player, as good as that player might be, is not going make the team great.... unless they have another 5 or 6 such signings to come! But, more to the point, I can't really see it happening anyway.

Looks like a future mess. Robinho is being used to talk to Kaka because he is unhappy that he's the only 'star' there and a bit miffed at the league position, so he's also making noises about Hughes. Pretty soon there'll be fallout and City are gonna struggle to bring in big name players.

yello

Crackle said:
Pretty soon there'll be fallout and City are gonna struggle to bring in big name players.

Pretty much the way I see it too. It'll end in tears. They're going about it in entirely the wrong way, imo. Putting expensive tyres on a rusted old heap isn't going to make much difference.

Top Bottom