£108 million, what would you do.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freds Dad

Veteran
First I'd make sure that my family and close friends had enough money to make their life comfortable. Then a regular donation to the local hospice and a few other local charities.

It would then be a round the work trip staying at the top hotels, seeing the great sights and eating fine foods for a couple of years before coming back to the UK to decide what else I would start spending the rest on.
A trip to the local Aston, Mclaren and Bentley dealers would be on the cards and a large property surrounded by a few hundred acres would also be purchased and then the hunt for homes overseas.

Snapper88

Retire at the ripe old age of 25, buy 14 houses from the council in my street brick them all up so our little community doesn't get destroyed by said council (slowly happening) then ride in as many countries as I could living off of the interest. Giving to local charities or charities that have been in my life

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Build my own gaff and sort out family so they have no financial worries. Multiple motorcycles and bicycles.
Custom built chopper

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Buy a nice old farmhouse with a few acres. Buy a nice new van and sling the tent, bike(s), kayak in and just bugger off around Europe from now until November. Some days I would ride, some days paddle and some days sit on my arse.
Once I'd got bored I would come home and use the few acres as a horticultural/ agricultural therapy centre for people with disabilities.And we have 5-6 good friends who have helped us when it's been hitting the fan. They would be mortgage free with a nice car and a holiday.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'd never pick up a damp towel or a pair of socks for the wash ever again.

Paper underwear isn't that expensive ya know.

Many years ago I lived in a house with a couple of friends and we went through a phase of using paper plates and plastic cutlery so we never had to wash up. It didn't last as we're on the dole, didn't have a telly and this all happened pre-Internet. Most of the paper plates ended up as 'projects'. Most notable being a little hovercraft. We also took apart our telephone and reassembled it on a paper plate. It was rubbish.

What were we talking about?

buggi

Bird Saviour
buy a house on a canal, buy a narrowboat and moor it at the end of my garden, nice car, help out my family , see the world, go into space and then give the rest to charity. Quite like the idea above of tracking down poachers and making sure they can no longer earn a living like that. O and a few bikes of course.

stephec

Legendary Member
Custom built chopper

I'd probably get some work done on my chopper as well. :biggrin:

winjim

Smash the cistern
If the government has its way, it's likely that my place of work will at some point in the future be put up for sale. So I'd buy it.

postman

Legendary Member
Sort out my mates,make sure they don't have to worry about having money in their old age.More than a few charities would get some help.I would turn up on my bike in my cycling gear,then watch their faces as they open the envelopes.Travel,USA ,Canada.I would do a month in Cyprus,i loved it last year.A month in Fuertaventura that was excellent,two super beaches and really quiet.I would go back to all the holiday places i have been,it would be different with a load of cash in your pocket.On holiday i would tip heavily.

Top Bottom