£108 million, what would you do.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Beggars coming out of the woodwork would be bad enough, but I especially don't like the idea of receiving body parts in the post from family members kidnapped by Russian/Albanian (whatever) gangsters, so anonymous!

PS I have just realised that the chances of remaining anonymous are zero if I hand out 120 lots of £100k to people on CycleChat, so scrub that idea - the charities can have the money instead!

yup, that's it.... sharing ones wealth scuppers ones choice to remain an anonymous winner.

I don't do the lottery but after watching The Syndicate I have pondered the question posed by the OP on many an occasion. I have come to the conclusion that some of my friends might be too proud to accept a free house... others may well think "is that all, a house!? tight git!" Others may use the money they're saving on rent/mortgage to fund their alcohol/drug/gambling habits, which wouldn't be a good outcome either... best thing all round is to continue struggling through life with the rest of 'em. I guess money earned can be spent or squandered with a greater sense of pride than money won.

I would stay anonymous as long as possible, but the Aston may give me away

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Cor!! You are a lot of small thinkers. First, I would advise Camelot's advisors what to do with themselves. Then I would buy a small pad where the bigwigs hang out, obtain serious surveillance gear and watch and wait... Eventually the big ones wold come up and the serious blackmail start, few million here and there would soon add up. Pausing only to cause some super-serious scandal in the Tories which ensures they never form a government again during the .lifetime of anyone alive today, within a few years I would be among the billionaires, and ready to take over the government of a former super-power, along with control of their nuclear missiles, Tehe the world would be my oyster.

subaqua

What’s the point
I had this discussion last night with wifey.
my thoughts were
at least one new lifeboat named after my late Father in law who served his community for nearly all of his life. ( wifey thinks i am after brownie points from MIL)

enough to pay my mortgage off and make sure my kids can go to uni ( sensible degrees not soft ones) without a huge amount of debt . then something like the secret millionaire where i can help deserving people.

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
I'd buy a few nice motors that I've always wanted, a nice house or two. Make sure all close family members are looked after. Get a few Dogmas. Travel the world going to all the places I wanted over a couple of years. Then, set up my own business. Do a cashflow plan and then plan for my families inheritance as there is no way I am going to spend it all.

A Cyclist

Über Member
I will continue to do what I've been doing and replace my fleet with Ti and carbon frames, electronic groupsets ofcourse.
The biggest task next to that would be to generate a worksheet listing various charities and fund allocation.

I'd donate some hefty amounts to cancer and asthma research, make sure my family are comfortable, and buy some nice houses in all the places I'd love to live.
Then I'd give my lovely lady the life she deserves: holidays, cruises etc.

I did want to buy my old workplace and put my old boss out of a job, but another company cheated me of that pleasure over Christmas.

Top Bottom