£108 million, what would you do.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would retire on £1 million, give a couple of million to my family and friends between them and give the remaining £105 million to good causes.

(I would probably buy a property in the Yorkshire Dales and one somewhere like southern Spain/France and organise cheap cycling holidays for CycleChat members a.k.a. bribe people to come and keep me company on my cycling trips!)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Honestly? I'd retire on 1 million and get rid of the other 107 million, starting with making sure all my friends and family would no longer have the burden of rent/mortgage... after that, I've no idea how to get shut of the rest. Maybe build a new pier on Morecambe prom :scratch:

edit... must be a northern thing Colin :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Great minds think alike!

I would love to try and make a difference to the research efforts into the conditions that blighted my parents' retirement years - Parkinsons and arthritis. I reckon I would try and raise awareness of clotting issues too, for obvious reasons!

Colin and Monty, both like myself, I wouldn't be greedy either, once I had my big house, Aston and maybe a large family car like a Merc...........and a million on the bank, I would just donate to charities that fit the bill, the mouse appreciation fund wouldn't get much but cancer and other worthy causes would benefit

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd buy CC and then get busy with the banhammer :boxing:
@Speicher would be the first to go :biggrin:
No, seriously, I haven't the faintest idea. I'd love a Windcheetah, but that's only £3600.
That's gonna leave a lot for charities. Frankly, I can't think of many things I want that I haven't got...
I'd probably make a list of all the CC people I'd like to meet and haven't yet done so, and plot a ride accordingly.

Herbie

Veteran
Give a lot to the charities of my choice and also set up my own charity.
Have the house of my dreams and not have to worry about bills!

i'd do that too.....what a chance to some good....its too much money to comprehend winning...you'd have to give it away but yes keep a wee bit for yourself

I'd buy CC

Funny enough, I would make a donation to Shaun, just to make sure this place was kept alive for future generations, even though I doubt any really big winners would come back here as themselves.........I would look in but not as myself, but it would be nice to see the place still as strong as it is, and still have the same following, you don't see many millionaires on the web, they probably have a different web with us little people rubbed out..............I would use their tinterweb:laugh:

Herbie

Veteran
I would buy a large property in this country as a home for greyhounds, they would have their own sofas and access to the outside paddocks. There would be a boarding block for peeps who needed to put their hounds in kennels. I would staff the place with lots of buxom kennel girls. There would also be an on-site fully staffed and equipped vet clinic, this facillity would also be available to the general public hound owner at cost prices rather than pet-vet rates. The whole place would be run as a charity (tax fiddle) with me as the benefactor.

Personally I would also have property throughout France/ Germany/ Austria/Switzerland and Italy which I would flit between as the weather and whim took me, in or on whatever mode of transport took my fancy. There is also the strong possibilty of a Riva Aquarama featuring in my plans, along with a floating gin palace.

Basically I am not sure 108 mill would be enough, so I have put winning the lottery on hold awaiting a larger Jackpot

what a great plan...my dog would love to go there for hols

Herbie

Veteran
I would retire on £1 million, give a couple of million to my family and friends between them and give the remaining £105 million to good causes.

(I would probably buy a property in the Yorkshire Dales and one somewhere like southern Spain/France and organise cheap cycling holidays for CycleChat members a.k.a. bribe people to come and keep me company on my cycling trips!)

Right Colin i'm in when does the plane leave and can i take my own bike?

nazzurro19

i would sort my parents out with a nice bungalow , then sort myself out a nice house buy a scirrocco and a rsvr and a nice bmw 1100 for touring then i would invest in a few charitiys , take some kids from charitys to toys r us and give them a trolly dash game then invest the rest in a savings acount and live off the £8000ish a day interest

Top Bottom