£3k - What would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Genesis fugio - sram etap hydraulic groupset - 650b weelset - wtb horrizon tyres - sram rival 1 crankset

Jobs a good un

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Still rate the eTap then @jowwy?

jowwy

Still rate the eTap then @jowwy?
Rate it that much I just upgraded it to the hydraulic brake version. It's just sosimple to set up without any cables and keeps the bike looking real clean.

I use mine in 1x mode now with a narrow wide 42 upfront and a roadlink at the rear to use a 11/42 cassette, it really is quality

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Rate it that much I just upgraded it to the hydraulic brake version. It's just sosimple to set up without any cables and keeps the bike looking real clean.

I use mine in 1x mode now with a narrow wide 42 upfront and a roadlink at the rear to use a 11/42 cassette, it really is quality
Interesting mix that.

Aside from the cost, my only issue with choosing eTap is that I want to use an Ultegra chainset and don’t think I could live with the mismatched kit. Lol

jowwy

Interesting mix that.

Aside from the cost, my only issue with choosing eTap is that I want to use an Ultegra chainset and don’t think I could live with the mismatched kit. Lol
Go di2.........

Have you already got a road bike??

pjd57

Veteran
I'd go for a Dolan bike.

Just to have my name on it.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
If I was in the market for a road bike at that sort of price level it would have to be something that would really stand out from the CF crowd. I'd buy some classic steel - a Colnago Master, but I'd buy it used not new, and I'd stick the leftover cash in the bank.

Top Bottom