‘Don’t get me going on modern-day music. It’s a one-way toilet’

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't Keith Richards also dismiss led zeppelin and the who as absolute disaster in the same article / interview? Ho hum! Old music too isn't great then?

Didn't Keith Richards also dismiss led zeppelin and the who as absolute disaster in the same article / interview? Ho hum! Old music too isn't great then?

Seems a less than logical set of views. Has this man ever been near, well, you know ... illicit substances? Some of the finest minds have been ruined by such things, its a great shame ...

Drago

Legendary Member

Yes, t'was the Keef that predicted Jimmy Page's then new group would sink like a lead balloon.

Page used the comment as inspiration for the bands name, and then Promptly went and outsold the Stones for good measure.

To this day Led Zeppelin outsell the Stones, despite breaking up 43 years ago, and Zepp's sales stand at about 300 million compared to the Stones at 200 million.

So as a general rule the opposite of anything Keef says is usually the truth.

postman

Legendary Member
i have been listening to Manfred Mann that took me back whaaaay back.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How can Madonna be past her sell by date if she is managing to sell all available tickets?

A loyal fan base who pay to see her, knowing she'a past it, but go to see her just to say they've seen her again, for the umpteenth time I'd say. She's not the only one. Many more (and not just singers and musicians) are embarrassingly trying to hold onto their youth, instead of growing old gracefully.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A loyal fan base who pay to see her, knowing she'a past it, but go to see her just to say they've seen her again, for the umpteenth time I'd say. She's not the only one. Many more (and not just singers and musicians) are embarrassingly trying to hold onto their youth, instead of growing old gracefully.

So now her fans are past their sell by date? Look if you can sell out all your venues, then clearly you are still popular and not past your sell by date. Someone’s sell by date is not determined by the latest teenagers views, whatever they may think.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”

Dylan Thomas

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't really think "bands" have been any good since Nirvana and the grunge era. Yes there have been a few (Kings of Leon, Killers, being two of my old faves) but the majority are now artists who concentrate more on lyrics, dancing and image.

You mean you just haven't heard it. There are loads of great indie bands out there delivering great live music.

Top Bottom