1980 Raleigh ‘Denim’ Eighteen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Survivor Bikes

Survivor Bikes

Day 1,346,268... or something.

Morning men. Starboard ten. ‘Round the buoy, and back again.

I’ve got to make some progress on this Eighteen today. I’ve missed far too many shifts over the last few days for one reason or another; and as a result this little bike is taking an age to throw together!

Also my ten-year-old (government authorised truant) apprentice, spends most of her time glued to inane YT videos, and bothering the horses that live here; so she’s not much help :sad:.

741F9417-C350-44F0-91DD-AECE112B1162.jpeg

Projects are piling up. Got to get a shift on!

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Dibble wouldn't let me take my Cycling Proficiency on my Raleigh Chopper. They'd banned them for being able to take part because they were too unstable and dangerous. What a crock - when I crashed my chopper in 1976 I didn't break my pelvis that badly.

Anyway, this meant I had to do it on my sisters Raleigh Denim. Even worse, it had been adorned with flowery stickers. 45 years on I'm still traumatised by the experience.
I did mine on a Tomahawk; the Chopper's little brother... I guess the dibble up here were yet to learn about H&S.

Gunk

Guru
I did mine on a Tomahawk; the Chopper's little brother... I guess the dibble up here were yet to learn about H&S.

The Chipper was the Chopper's little brother, my brother had one for Christmas, I had a Grifter ^_^

Top Bottom