20 mph speed limit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Only incorrect when talking in Mathematics.

Perfectly correct when talking in English.

Various dictionaries agree, but presumably you will claim they are also incorrect, and don't know the English definition of words.

Go to a technical or scientific dictionary, as opposed to a normal English one, and the mathematical definition will be there (as is the case in my copy of Chambers Dictionary of Science and Technology).

Claiming it's correct is like claiming "it weighs a ton" is correct for a BSO.

D

Deleted member 1258

All this mathematics is making my head spin, last time I did equations was in school, and I left in 1967.:wacko:

Drago

Legendary Member
Back home in the islands, ancient mathematics only went as far as the number of fingers. Hence base 12 being popular for so long.

PapaZita

Guru
An interesting thing (I’m sure everyone agrees) about exponential functions is that the derivative of e^x is also e^x. This means that the rate of growth of an exponential function also increases exponentially. As does the rate of growth of the rate of growth, and so on. Is there any type of function that has the potential to grow more quickly? Not that I know of. Compound interest is an example of exponential growth which is why it’s good to be earning it and less good to be paying it. Einstein described compound interest as the eighth wonder of the world.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
An interesting thing (I’m sure everyone agrees) about exponential functions is that the derivative of e^x is also e^x. This means that the rate of growth of an exponential function also increases exponentially. As does the rate of growth of the rate of growth, and so on. Is there any type of function that has the potential to grow more quickly? Not that I know of. Compound interest is an example of exponential growth which is why it’s good to be earning it and less good to be paying it. Einstein described compound interest as the eighth wonder of the world.

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Not sure what that's got to do with Welsh 20 mph's.

Top Bottom