2013 Audax plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Anyone got round to making any 2013 plans yet?

After a few years of "retirement" I have decided to give it another go, so have entered a few events, just to make sure I go out and ride over winter and have something to focus on.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
No plans as such, my first 2013 event will be in a couple of weeks, followed by the Dartmoor Devil 100k super grimpeur :cry: to test out my formerly poorly knee. Overall I'd like to ride some more 200k events to build up my confidence and then try a 300k if I can find a reasonably flat one.

Dan_h

Planning on getting started on building some mileage in the next couple of weeks being as the new season for points begins on Monday.... LEL is the obvious one for 2013 I guess!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I have not entered K&SW, although I do have "unfinished business"...as I had it down to ride in the year I 'retired' but I am trying to keep my rides as local as I can..which will include the snow roads (entry submitted)...I just hope I can remember the route :smile:

tubbycyclist

Definitely planning for an SR and mulling over beginning an RRTY in attempt to keep the winter riding on the go. LEL next summer is the plan.. but that is still a way off.

No plans as such, my first 2013 event will be in a couple of weeks

Planning on getting started on building some mileage in the next couple of weeks being as the new season for points begins on Monday....
Just getting into the Audax scene so could easily be wrong but I thought the Audax year went from 1 November to 31 October?

Anyway, my plans are for a DIY 300km ride in the next couple of months, as many 200km rides as I can do after Christmas leading up to the Llanfairpwllgwyngyll gogerychwyrndrobwll llantysiliogogogoch 400 in May and the 3 Coast 600 in June to complete an SR before the LEL.

That's the plans anyway!

Steve H

Large Member
Just getting into the Audax scene so could easily be wrong but I thought the Audax year went from 1 November to 31 October?

Yes - I believe you are right.

No specific audax targets for me yet for 2013. However I do intend to ride quite a few audax rides in 2013 - partly as training rides and partly just to get to ride different routes in different parts of the country.

I want to try and ride around 4000 miles next year, would like to ride at least one 100km ride per month and I'm hoping to ride the coast to coast ride in a day in June. I intend to use a number of audax rides to help me train and achieve these goals.

I like Colin J's goals above about riding the two Hebden Bridge rides within certain times. Think I may jump on that bandwagon as well!!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The seasons are changing. This year is only eleven months and ends tomorrow. Henceforth the Audax UK season will run October to September.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

yeh, as Ian says, the "audax year" has now changed...it used to start in November but that changes this year. I think it has something to do with timing of the AGM but I was not fully paying attention to the reason.

Anyway, I have a 160km event tomorrow so it'll mark the end of this years audax year. And the start of my unretirement.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I like Colin J's goals above about riding the two Hebden Bridge rides within certain times. Think I may jump on that bandwagon as well!!
My sub 6 hour target for those is realistic. I found my SITD brevet card from 5 or 6 years ago and my time was about 6-15, but I had called in at home to drop my bike off, have a wash, get changed and then stroll round to the finish.

In 2006, I rode to Halifax, did the lumpy Other Fleet Moss Randonee (200) in 10 hours and then rode home afterwards so I know my '200' targets are realistic too.

I am sure that you could manage those kind of times if you were doing about 4,000 miles a year.

Top Bottom