2013 Audax plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Another day, another audax.
This time it's Round the West Riding.
It's very hilly and I'm riding up to the start at Denshaw as well.

That didn't go well; I packed at Mount Tabor, about 23km from the finish.
I'd started getting cramp on every climb and I'd walked a couple of hills but I didn't fancy getting stranded in a deep valley with no 'phone reception and no (easy) way of getting out.
If I'd known the topography better I might have tried to press on to the finish but, with what I knew at the time, it was the correct decision.
RRTY has suffered a setback.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
YAY!! Completed my first SR at the weekend, thank f**k that's over :wacko:

Did the Silly Suffolk 200km in October, Asparagus & Strawberries 400km in May, East & West Coasts 600km in June and finished off with the Hereward The Wake 300km at the (very hot!) weekend.

Hooray! A few more months and I can start all over again :bicycle:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Well, I pulled the RRTY out of the bag with a Perm in July followed by another one in August.
It just (!) leaves a succesful completion of the Two Loops today (why else would I be up this early on a Sunday ?) and I'm done with RRTY and possibly audax for a time.
Unless I make it 13 in a row with a repeat of the Venetian Nights. And the Winter Solstice also has an unusual appeal.........

Well, I pulled the RRTY out of the bag with a Perm in July followed by another one in August.
It just (!) leaves a succesful completion of the Two Loops today (why else would I be up this early on a Sunday ?) and I'm done with RRTY and possibly audax for a time.
Unless I make it 13 in a row with a repeat of the Venetian Nights. And the Winter Solstice also has an unusual appeal.........

Good luck today

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Thanks MAC.
Mission accomplished and it was a grand day out.

I'm now looking at options for next year; SR would seem the obvious next step but riding 400 or 600km sounds really scary.
Currently, I'm ruling out doing the Venetian Nights (where it all started) but I reserve the right to change my mind.

Good luck Martin; have fun :thumbsup:

Thanks MAC.
Mission accomplished and it was a grand day out.

I'm now looking at options for next year; SR would seem the obvious next step but riding 400 or 600km sounds really scary.
Currently, I'm ruling out doing the Venetian Nights (where it all started) but I reserve the right to change my mind..

I really enjoyed my one and only (so far) 400. Well worth doing when the weather/season is conducive.

I may well be doing Venetian Nights for my October Century/Audax so I might see you there.

Booked to do my first Audax event in October. The season of mists, looking forward to it now.

Enjoy your first Audax Martin. Might see you on the circuit.

Top Bottom