2013 Audax plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
First Audax of the year entered, The Winter Solstice, hopefully I won't wake up to snow this year.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
First Audax of the year entered, The Winter Solstice, hopefully I won't wake up to snow this year.
I was set to ride the Winter Solstice in December 2006 but a bad cold put paid to that. However, I did ride 200s in every other month from Aug 2006 to Mar 2007 and that did wonders for my fitness. Just a pity that I let 6 consecutive crappy summers sabotage it ... :whistle:

PS Nice to see you are posting here again, trio! :hello:

I've put my name down for the BRCC Cotswold Outing, clockwise version 23rd June. Anybody else having a bash at this?

Good choice. Another BRCC event well worth a try is From Clee to Heaven and Kidderminster Killer held in August. Both are picturesque and hilly but the Killer is simply audacious.

As for my events:

Cheltenham Flyer
Snow Roads
Three Coasts
LEL
... amongst others.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I'll see the Snow Roaders at the Braemar control, riding it the day before so I can help out.

I'd better get my finger out, only ridden 42 miles so far this year!!

glasgowjim

Über Member
Glasgow Jim, are you at liberty to divulge your team's name? So that our team of five well-seasoned audaxers doesn't get taken for a bunch of west-coasters/weegies, we are Easter Ecosse!

Can't remember the team name, think it's something like West Coast Wonders but i can confirm that our team is made up as follows, A Frankie Boyle look a like From Larbert, A Bellshill man that's been cycling so long he can remember when wheels were square :laugh: And a man from Inverclyde who's so fast we'll be loading up his bag with a couple of anvils to slow him down, and me, a novice Audaxer who will bring along west coast wit and expert drafting skills.

Dave Crampton

Update.

New Season Brevet 200, done
DIY 200, done
Forth n Tay 200 Snowed, off.
Port Navigation 200, done
Berwick & Beattock 400, done
Snow Roads 300, to do
Deeside Lass 600, to do

I'll enter a few more 200's and have a 400 DIY planned to Leeds, to visit relatives in the summer.

This is my first year as an Audax member. Last year I entered as a non member and rode ~5 200's & a couple of 100's.

I have upped my cycle commuting to 5 days, from my normal 2-3 days, from April and its beginning to pay off now. My fear was 400 double my longest ride last Saturday, which I was very comfortable doing.

Dave C

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
It's probably a bit late for me to be reporting my plans but I'm aiming for RRTY.
So far I've done 8 and it hasn't been easy.
Last ride was the astonishing (from the scenery point of view) "World's End" and the next is "The Hills and Plains of Cheshire".
I've got the rest of the rides mapped out except for August's when I'll probably end up doing a Perm. of the Eureka than I did in November.
RRTY has taken over a lot of my life; I shan't be repeating it.

Top Bottom