2013 Audax plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Steady start to the year due to man flu and the weather. Revised targets: Brevet 2000 and Randonneur 1000

Tour of East Lothian - 100 km ^_^
Deeside Loop - 200km ^_^
Snow Roads 300km to do :hyper:
Two Rivers Ride - 130km - As visiting the area I may take a ride out. Depends on how I recover from the Snow Rds.
2x 100 km DiY via GPS - completed (3x 100 km to do)

fimm

Veteran
Well I entered the Forth and Tay and rather embarassingly my gear cable broke so that was the end of that.
So then I entered the Dave Harris Memorial and that got postponed due to the weather.
So I still haven't done a 200km, though I did do back-to-back 100 milers to go and visit my parents, which came at over 300km over 2 days. Another big ride this weekend, and then the Snow Roads is upon me...:eek:

Nebulous

Guru
Not done enough work this year - climbed the Suie hill a couple of weeks ago and found it a struggle - and its Snow Roads here I come!

I've changed my gearing last night, put on new tougher tyres and I'm as ready as I'm going to be now. This is the furthest I've gone and the most climbing, both by quite a margin. It isn't going to be pretty and it isn't going to be fast but completion is my only target. At least the forecast looks very good, fairly warm and very little wind, which is the best we can hope for. Lecht snowgates were closed yesterday morning!

fimm

Veteran
Nebulous, come and say hello - I'm female (I don't think there will be many women?) and have a yellow and black Giant road bike with a rather battered Carridice held up with bungee cords... I also expect to be very slow...

edindave

Über Member
This is the furthest I've gone and the most climbing, both by quite a margin. It isn't going to be pretty and it isn't going to be fast but completion is my only target.

This sounds slightly too familiar ;)

I'm heading up to stay in the hall this evening. The forecast looks pretty good. I'll be on a full carbon Scott (red/black). I don't have an alternative road bike unless I use the Fixed/SS :laugh:

Look forward to meeting a few more CC-ers :thumbsup:

Cheers, Dave

Reactions: ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
Nebulous, come and say hello - I'm female (I don't think there will be many women?) and have a yellow and black Giant road bike with a rather battered Carridice held up with bungee cords...I also expect to be very slow...
I certainly will fimm. I'm on a red specialized allez, red and black helmet. I'm looking forward to it now in a strange sort of way!

James
This sounds slightly too familiar ;)

I'm heading up to stay in the hall this evening. The forecast looks pretty good. I'll be on a full carbon Scott (red/black). I don't have an alternative road bike unless I use the Fixed/SS :laugh:

Look forward to meeting a few more CC-ers :thumbsup:

Cheers, Dave
Hi All

I'm also expecting to on the road for longer than most;
Spa Audax, Carridace Barley in green and a white Bell helmet and Audax Ecosse top.

Remember your sun protection :rolleyes:

Andy

glasgowjim

Über Member
Another one that'll be there, second year in row for me, Van Nicholas Yukon, Audax Ecosse top and Assos cap-although that probably describes half the field ^_^

Reactions: ACS
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I'll be at the hall tonight for a blether, and am helping out in the morning before the depart, and will see you all again at the Braemar control where I shall be helping dish out beans on toast, soup and donuts, and pointing you all in the right direction to help yourself to DIY sandwiches and tea/coffee.

Just look out for a miserable looking nobber.

fimm

Veteran
Well, I met Noodley (thank you for the baked beans), glasgowjim (thank you for the excellent advice), edindave and Nebulous. I don't recall ACS, I'm sorry. I met lots of other friendly people too. Audaxers are a friendly bunch.

300km is a long way. Who knew? I have the world's worst comedy sunburn - very bad panda eyes and one cheek is more burned than the other one. It doesn't look quite as odd as it did, thankfully.

Dave Crampton

I had fun on the Snow Roads. Met a few folk I knew and a few I didn't. I got round in a time I was happy with and didn't need lights after all :biggrin:

Next up is the local 600. I'll be cycling from, to, from & to home which will be handy for sleeping, showers and food etc. I'll have a good excuse to get back out too as I'm putting up a few mates.

Other plans for this year are a few more 200's and other audaxes I can get to.

Dave C

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I handed out the cards for the Buzzard 600 yesterday morning. 16 started and, as far as I know, 13 are still riding.

Top Bottom