2013 Audax plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks @ColinJ. You never know - you may be fit enough by then to tackle it as well.

The route will depend on the weather so I'll get both set up and downloaded.
That's a first for me - I got a 'mentioned' alert after you did the 'at'ColinJ! I didn't know that the forum software did that.

I don't think there is any way that I am going to be well & fit enough to do a 200 in February 2013! I'm still hoping that I might be able to do my annual 'slowish seaside century' forum ride at the end of March but recovery from my illness will have to speed up to enable me to get back on my bike sooner rather than later - 6 weeks or so of treatment and I've only just managed to cope with a 300 metre walk!

I've been told that a lot of my older routes on Bikely play up when loaded onto GPSs, probably because of the sheer number of waypoints. It would be probably be best to download the GPX file and simplify the route to suit.

I've started doing my more recent files as 'tracks' rather than 'routes' which use trackpoints rather than waypoints, and I keep the number down to what my Garmin Etrex can handle in one file.

ACS

Legendary Member
To introduce at least one new rider to the joys of long distance riding.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
T

...I've started doing my more recent files as 'tracks' rather than 'routes' which use trackpoints rather than waypoints, and I keep the number down to what my Garmin Etrex can handle in one file.
I do that, and divide longer routes into several tracks. But 500 points will give a usable track up to around 200km. Lots of really good info about gps use and abuse here; http://www.aukadia.net/gps/

Trickedem

Guru
I am planning on doing LEL, so will do an SR, but not sure what events yet. Thanks for the tip about the season starting in Oct. I also want to do a RRTY. Hopefully I will meet some of you on my rides.

Nuncio

Über Member
I only have one definite goal in the 2012/2013 Audax year whiuch is to complete a 200 in October which will be the final month of my RRTY attempt. My only other plan is to definitely not do a 200 in November so as to break the chain. (If I do do a 200 in November I wont hand the brevet in so it wont be counted.)

Very sensible Graham. All the best with #12. My one and only RRTY could have been dashed when my tyre split on #11, the Gower Getter, but I'd taken the precaution of picking someone with a spare to ride with.

My plans for next year are SR number 7, to include LEL.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Very sensible Graham. All the best with #12. My one and only RRTY could have been dashed when my tyre split on #11, the Gower Getter, but I'd taken the precaution of picking someone with a spare to ride with.

My plans for next year are SR number 7, to include LEL.

Thanks for that will take a spare tyre and several tubes on this one. Work is limiting my available days off so will probably have to register a last minute DIY entry when I know I have 24 hours off.Will reride a route I allready used so I know it will stand up tto validation.

I did LEL last week. Llantwit Major - Ewenny -Llantwit Major ^_^

Good Luck on the SR and LEL.Both are way beyond my ability .

asterix

Comrade Member
Having cycled far too little in 2011 and done little better in 2012 I am determined to have an active winter.

As a first step I gate-crashed a local club's Sunday run, me on my 1980's tourer, them on their carbon and Ti. Friendly bunch. Although generally fit through hard building work, that doesn't translate into sufficient cycling fitness. Still I managed to stay the course well beyond Pocklington and took a turn at the front into a quite fresh headwind before thanking them for the company and dropping off the back before I spoiled things. I went on into the Wolds for a bit then found my way back via Wilberfoss, Wheldrake and Fulford.

So, definitely need more outings as I'd love to have a go at the Raid Alpine next year. Literally a mountain to climb!

ACS

Legendary Member
My target for 2013 is to win a bridie having sucessfully completed the Snow Roads 300km.

I have the Tour of East Lothian and the Deeside Loop penciled in a warm up events at present.

No doubt I will not be able to resist other challenges.

I will be entering plenty of audaxes next year but my definate New Year Resolution is The Kidderminster Killer next August. A fine and dandy albeit tough classic audax event. The Snow Roads is a maybe.

As a newbie I'm hoping to start my first ever one earlyish next year, but need to get some more miles in first! Had some great advice from experienced audaxers on my thread but any other advice/tips always welcome! :-)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Anyone got round to making any 2013 plans yet?

After a few years of "retirement" I have decided to give it another go, so have entered a few events, just to make sure I go out and ride over winter and have something to focus on.

Have you invested in new lights yet? :evil: The Lupine from your retirement sale is going strong, wouldn't do without it any more:wub: ...

T

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It anyone wants an early start to their season, a friend and I are test riding my new 600 sometime in November.

Top Bottom