2015 Cycling Resolutions - What's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
well f' me!
not sure how you get time to post on here with that many miles to do!

good luck in holding up 20 mph for 10.5 hours! what bike will it be on?
Cheers Ed
It works out to 19.5mph average, that's do-able. Statistically I'm no slower on a ride of 100+ miles than I am on one of 30.
I also want to complete 100 miles in 5 hours as a separate challenge, in line with the old '100 miles in 5 hours' thread.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
only thing on my bucket list is to do a 100 miler, did over 6000 miles this year on the bike which is quite a sum but never did a 100 imperial. Just got to negotiate the time to do it lol which has always been the problem :biggrin:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
only thing on my bucket list is to do a 100 miler, did over 6000 miles this year on the bike which is quite a sum but never did a 100 imperial. Just got to negotiate the time to do it lol which has always been the problem :biggrin:
just pick a day when the weather is said to be nice and pack your bag or what ever you want to bring (for me it was a bottle of water, 2 sandwiches about half a dozen snack bars and an apple or two and i got home with some still left and hadn't spent a penny of the spare tenner i brought with me :smile:

plot a route on your garmin or on a map or what ever and just go to bed early to get up early and off you go, after about an hour or so i find i just keep on pushing.

to minimise risk of bonking or running out of energy and just dying i made sure i stopped, even if just for a minute or two at the road side, every 20 miles roughly to have a sip of water and maybe a snack bar and then had a longer (maybe half hour or so) break for lunch

that was my first 100 this year on my old 13kg stell frame flat bar hybrid on 38mm tyres

oh and whilst i am on about imperial centuries i also want to do my first 100 on my new bike, longest so far in 88.3 miles and now i wish i had done the extra 11.7 to make the big one but i was just dead :sad:
Cheers Ed

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just pick a day when the weather is said to be nice and pack your bag or what ever you want to bring (for me it was a bottle of water, 2 sandwiches about half a dozen snack bars and an apple or two and i got home with some still left and hadn't spent a penny of the spare tenner i brought with me :smile:

plot a route on your garmin or on a map or what ever and just go to bed early to get up early and off you go, after about an hour or so i find i just keep on pushing.

to minimise risk of bonking or running out of energy and just dying i made sure i stopped, even if just for a minute or two at the road side, every 20 miles roughly to have a sip of water and maybe a snack bar and then had a longer (maybe half hour or so) break for lunch

that was my first 100 this year on my old 13kg stell frame flat bar hybrid on 38mm tyres

oh and whilst i am on about imperial centuries i also want to do my first 100 on my new bike, longest so far in 88.3 miles and now i wish i had done the extra 11.7 to make the big one but i was just dead :sad:
Cheers Ed

oh if only it was so simple :tongue: think I might need to organise a weekend away for the wife and kids whilst I go out for ride haha

Complete the Mallorca 312 in less than 12 hours

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
oh if only it was so simple :tongue: think I might need to organise a weekend away for the wife and kids whilst I go out for ride haha
just get up and leave before family wake up, they might be angry when they find out you have run away for the day but nothing they can do. try to do it on a day when you have relatives you don't much like coming :smile:
Cheers Ed

Ganymede

Veteran
oh and for my resolutions/targets for 2015.....
  1. ride 2,000 miles (yes, i know i have done over 2,000 miles this year but i will be starting an apprenticeship next september that will limit my riding and how much time/energy i have for it :sad:)
  2. keep nice bike in top nick :smile:
  3. spend next to zilch on cycling (saving for a land rover)
  4. TRY not to get hit/come off/injured
  5. if i do get hit/come off/injured stay in high spirits and get back on soon as it safe to do so (probably end up before the doc said so!)
  6. will try to keep current shitty commuter hanging on through and wait until i i have my landrover and am driving to get something like a carrera zelos or tdf or triban to commute (money)
Cheers Ed
Where's your apprenticeship Ed? I know you were looking for one, I remember the thread you posted. Great that you've got one.

I think my resolution will be to do more leisure rides :thumbsup:

Brandane

Legendary Member
1. To NOT set any mileage target, and just ride when I feel like it rather than feel pressurized to go out when not really up for it. That's not to say I will cycle less - it might actually mean more miles!

2. Use the Garmin less. This has already started.

3. Lose a stone in weight.

4. Get round the Pedal for Scotland 100 mile route in September with the able assistance of @Pat "5mph" .

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
bucket list.jpg

I've a big bucket list for 2015...

I want to see my country by bike..................or bus pass:thumbsup:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Where's your apprenticeship Ed? I know you were looking for one, I remember the thread you posted. Great that you've got one.

I think my resolution will be to do more leisure rides :thumbsup:
fingers crossed it is at a local dairy farm, i think i will go for 1 more test day and then talk to boss about sorting official paper work and stuff. so not set in stone yet but very close :smile:

roflol ok
given i did tell my family.............. the night before! they didn't see me in the morning as i was off before they were awake and i was back in half darkness and pouring rain, dripping wet but happy :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom