2015 Cycling Resolutions - What's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not to buy a helmet cam, pretend I am a policeman and look a dick by posting it on social media sites where I can be heard shouting out car registration numbers for no particular reason.

To convince myself to ride LEJOG.

To do some planning for LEJOG

To ride a tour of at least 500km

Not to buy any more bikes.

Venod

Eh up
Not to buy any more bikes.

Thats one broken then

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Well I just remembered I promised myself to get back on fixed next year, so it sort of breaks my first resolution :wacko: but I've never stuck to resolutions so who cares.
you said not to BUILD any more bikes, you never said you couldn't go and get a spec langster or charge plug or any other fixie off the peg ;) BUYING is not Building :tongue:
Not to buy a helmet cam, pretend I am a policeman and look a dick by posting it on social media sites where I can be heard shouting out car registration numbers for no particular reason.
in fact i'm thinking about starting to wear a cam! my vids would never go to youtube or on here etc, it would purely be for police, courts and insurance companies if i were to get hit. i just feel i've had all too many close passes this year and i must say that having a murderous bus driver try to kill me and i was only saved by my quick thinking i reckon was scary enough for me!
To have another year at 11'000+ miles.
To plan and complete a single ride of 205 miles in 10.5 hours.
well f' me!
not sure how you get time to post on here with that many miles to do!

good luck in holding up 20 mph for 10.5 hours! what bike will it be on?
Cheers Ed

Mrs M

Guru
Thinking of recording mileage instead of just heading out and riding and not having a clue :wacko:
Need to get a computer thingy but an too stingy to spend £££.
Also restart my bike fund for a disc braked road bike, raided the last one and spent it on the garden.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thinking of recording mileage instead of just heading out and riding and not having a clue :wacko:
Need to get a computer thingy but an too stingy to spend £££.
Also restart my bike fund for a disc braked road bike, raided the last one and spent it on the garden.
Do you have a smart phone? You can measure distance on Strava or similar

Or if you ask in the classifieds, someone may have an old computer they'd send for the cost of the postage. Indeed, I have a Tesco one I never used, I'll see if I can find it and the parts later!

A disc braked road bike you say... :whistle:

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/whyte-sussex-14?bct=browse/bicycles/road-bikes

Mrs M

Guru
Do you have a smart phone? You can measure distance on Strava or similar

Or if you ask in the classifieds, someone may have an old computer they'd send for the cost of the postage. Indeed, I have a Tesco one I never used, I'll see if I can find it and the parts later!
I have a Samsung Galaxy not an IPhone, don't know if that would work?
Thanks.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thanks.
That should work, I got Strava to work on several different phones, but now use it on one with a SIM card in but it can't make calls. It just uploads the data when I have wifi, rather than using my data allowance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks.
Yes, download strava for android. Be aware it can be battery hungry, so if doing long rides it'd be worth spending £20 or so on a secondary battery pack

Top Bottom