2016 Cycling Goals & New Year's resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why are you always so predantic? :whistle:
Pedantic, aksherly. :okay:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Six sportives.

Hopefully London/Surrey 100. Definitely Ride of the Falling Leaves.
Possibly Hell Of The Ashdown, but I'm a bit scared of not being able to get enough hill miles by 21 Feb.

Suggestions for 3 more in London/Surrey/Kent area, hopefully flattish and between 80-100k?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Six sportives.

Hopefully London/Surrey 100. Definitely Ride of the Falling Leaves.
Possibly Hell Of The Ashdown, but I'm a bit scared of not being able to get enough hill miles by 21 Feb.

Suggestions for 3 more in London/Surrey/Kent area, hopefully flattish and between 80-100k?
Check out the San Fairy Ann "Faries Flat". Its an audax rather than a sportive but it is in Kent, is flattish, and has a variety of lengths. SFA also organise a Sportive for Kent Air Ambulance. I've not done these events, but I was looking at them last night and they fit the bill.

I finally achieved my last years goal just a few weeks ago. I attended a bike maintenance course, replaced cables and brake pads in my bike. Then I replaced cables and tuned gears in a friend's bike. I had a real sense of achievements. Now I even occasionally reply to posts in mechanic section.

So my goal for next year is to build a bike on my own. I am sure you all will help me to achieve my goal.

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
#1 Stop playing computer games
#2 Lose weight by means other than just cycling (i.e. eating and drink less)
#3 Be nicer to everyone (i'm very grumpy)

Same here except I don't really need to loose weight.
#4 : Get back to work after 3 years of with illness.
#5 : Complete dragon ride medium distance.
#6: Complete century ride. (Prudential).
#7: Get the family out riding more.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod Note - there were two threads on 2016 goals/resolutions, so I have merged them.
Apologies if this causes any confusion!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Check out the San Fairy Ann "Faries Flat". Its an audax rather than a sportive but it is in Kent, is flattish, and has a variety of lengths. SFA also organise a Sportive for Kent Air Ambulance. I've not done these events, but I was looking at them last night and they fit the bill.
Cheers, will check that one out. It's be nice to do something with a profile that doesn't look like Lance Armstrong's polygraph.

Norry1

Legendary Member
  • Do 5,200 miles (road or turbo)
  • Train (any sort) minimum of 183 times (once every 2 days on average)
  • Train with Power and bring some science to it rather than just doing what I feel like
  • Another Alps Trip - preferably tick off Ventoux
  • Do one Godwin

My cycling goals for 2016 in no particular order.

-Learn more about bike mechanics.
-Have another year of 6,000+ miles
-Restore the 2 Raleigh bikes I have to roadworthy condition.

I may think of more goals in the next few days but that's it for now.

Top Bottom