2016 Cycling Goals & New Year's resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why are you always so predantic? :whistle:
Pedantic, aksherly. :okay:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Six sportives.

Hopefully London/Surrey 100. Definitely Ride of the Falling Leaves.
Possibly Hell Of The Ashdown, but I'm a bit scared of not being able to get enough hill miles by 21 Feb.

Suggestions for 3 more in London/Surrey/Kent area, hopefully flattish and between 80-100k?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
To do more of my own repairs
Break the 3500 mile barrier
Do my first imperial century
Try not to let the really terrible drivers spoil my ride

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Six sportives.

Hopefully London/Surrey 100. Definitely Ride of the Falling Leaves.
Possibly Hell Of The Ashdown, but I'm a bit scared of not being able to get enough hill miles by 21 Feb.

Suggestions for 3 more in London/Surrey/Kent area, hopefully flattish and between 80-100k?
Check out the San Fairy Ann "Faries Flat". Its an audax rather than a sportive but it is in Kent, is flattish, and has a variety of lengths. SFA also organise a Sportive for Kent Air Ambulance. I've not done these events, but I was looking at them last night and they fit the bill.

I finally achieved my last years goal just a few weeks ago. I attended a bike maintenance course, replaced cables and brake pads in my bike. Then I replaced cables and tuned gears in a friend's bike. I had a real sense of achievements. Now I even occasionally reply to posts in mechanic section.

So my goal for next year is to build a bike on my own. I am sure you all will help me to achieve my goal.

#1 Stop playing computer games
#2 Lose weight by means other than just cycling (i.e. eating and drink less)
#3 Be nicer to everyone (i'm very grumpy)

Same here except I don't really need to loose weight.
#4 : Get back to work after 3 years of with illness.
#5 : Complete dragon ride medium distance.
#6: Complete century ride. (Prudential).
#7: Get the family out riding more.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod Note - there were two threads on 2016 goals/resolutions, so I have merged them.
Apologies if this causes any confusion!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Check out the San Fairy Ann "Faries Flat". Its an audax rather than a sportive but it is in Kent, is flattish, and has a variety of lengths. SFA also organise a Sportive for Kent Air Ambulance. I've not done these events, but I was looking at them last night and they fit the bill.
Cheers, will check that one out. It's be nice to do something with a profile that doesn't look like Lance Armstrong's polygraph.

Norry1

Legendary Member
  • Do 5,200 miles (road or turbo)
  • Train (any sort) minimum of 183 times (once every 2 days on average)
  • Train with Power and bring some science to it rather than just doing what I feel like
  • Another Alps Trip - preferably tick off Ventoux
  • Do one Godwin

My cycling goals for 2016 in no particular order.

-Learn more about bike mechanics.
-Have another year of 6,000+ miles
-Restore the 2 Raleigh bikes I have to roadworthy condition.

I may think of more goals in the next few days but that's it for now.

Top Bottom