2020 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bhitucyclist

Hi friends started the year with a nice ride on almost traffic free roads!
Happy new year !
What you guys get up to
Whats the plan for 2020? Thinking of joining any challenges? I am contemplating P2P again.... only contemplating !

Attachments

• 8146CABD-2942-4220-A21F-F92732263DF0.jpeg
    8146CABD-2942-4220-A21F-F92732263DF0.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 7
Just want to get more miles in than surgery permitted last year. But...more surgery, so we'll see...

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Just to stay healthy, get back out on the bike and enjoy cycling again. Been struggling with various lurgies since early July and haven't done much cycling since. :sad:

And do my what is becoming customary Winchester - Alresford - Winchester ride during the summer.
Just to stay healthy, get back out on the bike and enjoy cycling again. Been struggling with various lurgies since early July and haven't done much cycling since. :sad:

And do my what is becoming customary Winchester - Alresford - Winchester ride during the summer.
What is this ride ? Is it an organised one or just your indiv ride and roure

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm not bothering setting targets as I find they put pressure on me to go out when I can't be bothered and it becomes less enjoyable. My days of chasing silly Strava monthly distance challenges are long gone! :laugh:

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

I'm not bothering setting targets as I find they put pressure on me to go out when I can't be bothered and it becomes less enjoyable. My days of chasing silly Strava monthly distance challenges are long gone! :laugh:
Quite right! I feel the same. Then again when the monthly stats email comes i feel good if i have done more than last month 😳

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Not to fall off
Not to get any visits from the PF
Not to have any major mechanical issues
Not to get hit by a motorist
Not to buy any more Endura stuff
Not necessarily in that order
What is pf ?
I also have - not to get hit by motorist - in my list
What endura stuff would you recommend ?
I am still looking for good but reasonably priced water proof cycling tights

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Pf = puncture fairy.

Goals.
More miles than last year. Harder faster one's too as my gut is rapidly expanding faster than the dogs, and she's a right little piggy.
I've signed up to the half century a month challenge to aid it.
Also doing the ABC challenge again.
More cycle camping too.
If I succeed in all this, the result will be a happier me. Nothing beats cycling.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
What is pf ?
I also have - not to get hit by motorist - in my list
What endura stuff would you recommend ?
I am still looking for good but reasonably priced water proof cycling tights

I'm, not going to tell you who the PF is, because it's bad luck. Think of the Tooth Fairy but in the context of the air in your tyres :whistle:
Endura ? Where do I start ?

MTB overshoes - the zips jam easily and their tabs snap off within weeks, Bottoms wear through easily. BBB ones are the same quality at a fraction of the price.

Waterproof gloves were not waterproof and the lining bunched up when you took them off. I accept this happens with a lot of waterproof gloves, but not to the point where it takes hours to get them back to a wearable state. PS the dhb ones I currently own do not have this problem.

I am on my second set of Gridlock waterproof trousers. When the waterproof lining came away on the first pair (like someone had peeled a pig) I blamed Mrs V for the way she washed them. However this has happened to the second set, before they were even washed. They are not waterproof at all afterwards - not much before either. The backside on them goes white rather quickly too and eventually wears through. Again, the zips jam.

Waterproof jacket. Not waterproof after the first wash (and not much before) despite following the instructions. Zips jam, cuff straps are flimsy and easily ripped away when attempting to use them wearing gloves.

Gillet - nice but again - the zips !!!!

Humvee II shorts. Again the zips jam. Two of the poppers for the liner do not pop. The liner is too tight compared to the size of the outer shorts. By the time you actually get these on properly, the sun has gone down. Easier just to wear a normal pair of lycra shorts underneath.

Chainstay protector. Bought the smallest size and still it doesn't stay put and looked drab pretty quickly. My Lizard Skin one lasted 10 years and three bikes.

Top Bottom