2020 Structured Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive been running it on Android with the screen om a Win 10 laptop and its been stable. But I've not used it much. Only one session as long as an hour.
I use the same set up; I think my longest session was 2 and 1/2 hours up and down Ventoux and I've used it quite a few times for sub hour sessions and for a few other hour + sessions no problem.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Well I wasn't expecting this.

My FTP is up 3.5% since the start of lockdown. I'm only doing high intensity once a week during lockdown, and even though it's close to my VO2 Max, I was only trying to not lose fitness. I'm not having rest days now and doing low intensity 6 days a week, with more of that being on the turbo. So maybe I'm getting a better training stimulus from high quality low intensity riding on the turbo, no freewheeling!

FTP now 3.3W/KG, best it's been in recent years.

rivers

How far can I go?
Four weeks into my training plan, and I have to say things are going well. I went into work today for the first time since the lockdown (we're working in shifts to print mask components for the NHS), and I am full 1 mph faster than my previous fastest speed into work. I hit a 17mph average. Last August/September time I finally hit a 16mph average, and the effort absolutely wrecked me. Today's effort, while a hard effort, still had me arriving at work feeling pretty good.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
RGT Cycling didn’t crash yesterday! Did an hour doing the Canary Wharf circuit. It has a sprint section 23-27 seconds depending on mood. Totalled 33 laps and it was fun being lapped by others and also lapping others. The drafting simulation is pretty good as well as a faster rider found when I wheel sucked him round a lap and his power kept climbing as he tried to lose me!

I can see how easy it is to get immersed in these virtual reality apps and not notice the time passing.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hit my high intensity interval workout today. As explained above, just once a week during lockdown. Changed intensity back to my VO2 max today. So only a bit lower than pre lock down levels, but lower volume. Can now enjoy low intensity rest of week.

SWSteve

Guru
I'm down for an FTP test on Thursday but I've already said to some one I'll do an RGT TTT with him.
Can you take the highest 20 minute effort and base FTP from this?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oddly, now that I have absolutely nothing to train for I have, for the first time ever, settled down into a regular series of sessions that could almost be described as "structured". If not actually structured then at least non-chaotic.

I doubt I'll be flat out enough to get a proper FTP from the 20 mins max of the TTT but it may compromise my proper 20mins test :okay:
I was right @ItsSteveLovell , I was 259w for 20mins but in threshold HR for only 2min26sec. My last test was 294w for 20mins and was in threshold HR for nearly 12min. Today was enough to feel it in my legs but not flat out, I hope it does affect Thursday but today was fun :okay:

Last edited:
1w up on my 20mins best but I am 4kg down since my last test. I probably could have done better earlier in the week the cold damp weather has got to my feet (just when I thought I was getting rid of the chemo 😕) and I didn't have the motivation to push it either. I'm still 30w down on my 20min best which was actually set in an interval session rather than a test.

Top Bottom