21st August Lidl's cycle gear ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

..from thurs 21st aug Lidl have some useful cycling gear on the cheap. Like a bar bag cool bag for £4.99, a light set for £3.99, rear panniers for £14.99, gloves for £1.99, cycle shirt for £4.99, Jacket £7.99 etc...worth a look I'd say.:biggrin:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Thanks for the advance notice BTFB. I bought a couple of their shirts last time and they are as good as ones I bought for six or seven times the price.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

ther eis also a useful two bike wall rack mount for £3.99, D lock at £4.99, track pump £4.99, tool kit £4.99, a cool looking rear saddlebag (large) which converts into a rucksack as well £3.99, cycle lycra longs £6.99 and some good looking compouters/hrms at £19.99

I don't seem to be able to get anything but next week on the site, but if the trackpump is the same one that was on sale earlier this year take care, as I've seen someone complain that the pressure-chamber blew off the base (fixed in place with some sort of epoxy I think). The older pumps are ok as the parts screw together (in fact I have two - one of which must be about 7-8 years old and still going well).

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I have a 'cataloge' from the shop. They have 2 pumps. A foot floor pump at £2.99 and a track pump style at £4.99...both in silver balck...pics look ok but they could be a falso economy possibly..dunno.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I have a 'cataloge' from the shop. They have 2 pumps. A foot floor pump at £2.99 and a track pump style at £4.99...both in silver balck...pics look ok but they could be a falso economy possibly..dunno.

Wow ! I get the email notifications of upcoming sales and even that hasn't come for next week. Typical - I'll be back at work then so I won't be able to get there until about 5pm. Hopefully there'll not be anything in the sale I'm desperate to get (since I suspect I've got everything I could possibly need from Lidl in the past).

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
well, based on my experiences of gerring a load of stuff 2 years ago...
Shirts - not bad at all. Still going strong.
Shorts - padding a bit hopeless
Toolkit - good value. Hardly top-quality but for about £18 you can't go too far wrong. Built 3 bikes up with them so far.
Lights - a bit rubbish IMHO
SPD shoes - great value.
SPD / flat pedals. Fantastic. Fiddly to change the release settings, as the reflector has to come off. but work well and outlasted the Wellgo ones I had at 3 times the price.

bobg

Über Member
goo_mason said:
Wow ! I get the email notifications of upcoming sales and even that hasn't come for next week. Typical - I'll be back at work then so I won't be able to get there until about 5pm. Hopefully there'll not be anything in the sale I'm desperate to get (since I suspect I've got everything I could possibly need from Lidl in the past).

Goo, If yjey do have something you need this time round then go the previous evening, Lidl often wheel out the offer stuff the night before. Aldi don't. ( I bin dive too ;) )

mikeitup

Veteran
Good news. I will be looking for a couple of cycling jerseys. What is the sizing like as I have heard varying reports. (I think bibs were mention IIRC)?

goo_mason

Mr Pig said:
I've found the sizing of 'all' cycling stuff to bear little relation to reality. You need to try things first, or at least see them.

Agreed. In their last cycling sale in March, I bought two new short-sleeved jerseys. Both were the same size, yet one is substantially bigger and looser than the other. White shirt - perfect fit; red - too loose. I reckon Lidl's gear varies in size depending on the colour too :biggrin:

Picked up the brochure today - not really anything there I want; I stocked up on fingerless gloves in March and I have all the jerseys I need for autumn/winter. Might see if the folks can pick me up one of those 'packaway' rain jackets though - looks like a handy size for stowing away in the rucksack, and at £4.99 it's not breaking the bank.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The bar cool bag is rubbish. I got one last year and the only good thing about mine was that I managed to sell it on e bay for £5 more than I paid for it.

goo_mason

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
The bar cool bag is rubbish. I got one last year and the only good thing about mine was that I managed to sell it on e bay for £5 more than I paid for it.

The last thing we need in the UK on our bikes is a cool-bag. A quick cycle about even at the height of Summer 2008 gave enough windchill to freeze a water-bottle ;)

(Good going on finding a buyer on eBay; just goes to prove that there's one born every minute, eh ? :biggrin:)

Top Bottom