235 miles a day for a year (Amanda Coker Challenge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think we can safely say that he's not even trying to go for or emulate Coker's new record, but looking like he can easily beat Godwins and Searvogels.

I don't want to 'like' this comment, but I totally agree with it. It must be very tough to keep going knowing that you are highly unlikely to break the record. I assume there is not someone out their ratifying an on road / no recumbent record?

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Didn't he put a schedule up before he started, I'm sure it's around here somewhere. How's he doing aganst that?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Kajsa has just put out a request on twitter if anyone can supply Steve with a smart phone.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I have updated the donations list to show those for this year. He's going to be quite tight for funds to complete this attempt.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A week with an average of 204mpd in which Steve's overall rate dropped below 220mpd for the first time. Rounded off with a trip to the North West for the National 24 hr time trial.

Steve's stats as at 23 Jul 17
Days: 142 (38.9% of year)
Dist: 50,170 km / 31,174 mi
Avg daily dist: 353.3 km / 219.5 mi
Avg daily elevation (Strava): 1,447 m / 4,748 ft
Moving speed (Strava): 25.7 km/h / 16.0 mi/h
Hours per day riding: 15.5
Projected total at current daily rate: 128,958 km / 80,131 mi

upload_2017-7-24_9-16-1.png

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A week with an average of 204mpd in which Steve's overall rate dropped below 220mpd for the first time. Rounded off with a trip to the North West for the National 24 hr time trial.

Steve's stats as at 23 Jul 17
Days: 142 (38.9% of year)
Dist: 50,170 km / 31,174 mi
Avg daily dist: 353.3 km / 219.5 mi
Avg daily elevation (Strava): 1,447 m / 4,748 ft
Moving speed (Strava): 25.7 km/h / 16.0 mi/h
Hours per day riding: 15.5
Projected total at current daily rate: 128,958 km / 80,131 mi

View attachment 363872

Its a shame as these weeks should be his most productive, he still has the whole of autumn and winter to ride through.
How on earth does he maintain motivation with the record now clearly out of reach.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Its a shame as these weeks should be his most productive, he still has the whole of autumn and winter to ride through.
How on earth does he maintain motivation with the record now clearly out of reach.
Unfinished business with Mr Godwin?
Because he enjoys it?

Top Bottom