2k on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
Oh, and I'd get this one. In black. The lightest best mechanical shifting known to man. No drama with electrics. Although I'd probably sell those horrible unaerodynamic wheels and get a nice light set of handbuilts or HED Ardennes. You'd probably make money on the wheels too.

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2513

The aero does look amazing but it's got a bit more flex in it. Now get it bought and live my dream will you?!

Oh, and I'd get this one. In black. The lightest best mechanical shifting known to man. No drama with electrics. Although I'd probably sell those horrible unaerodynamic wheels and get a nice light set of handbuilts or HED Ardennes. You'd probably make money on the wheels too.

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2513

The aero does look amazing but it's got a bit more flex in it. Now get it bought and live my dream will you?!
Ooooh pushing the budget there. :heat: though the same model but 8.0 has Dura ace for 2.3k.

Zakalwe

Controversial, dunno about Red being the "best" but it's certainly light. Well, that's if your frame has a BB30 bottom bracket, otherwise you'll need to put an adaptor in between the crank and the bb - putting the weight up a bit, and heavier than Super Record. It is cheap though.

tigger

Über Member
Controversial, dunno about Red being the "best" but it's certainly light. Well, that's if your frame has a BB30 bottom bracket, otherwise you'll need to put an adaptor in between the crank and the bb - putting the weight up a bit, and heavier than Super Record. It is cheap though.

Gotta like threads like this. Campy is lovely, I just think double tap shifters and the new front dérailleur with yaw trim has it nailed mechanically. Don't like the thumb shifter on campy personally.

Now Ultegra Di2. That is very heavy

Zakalwe

Any Di2 is a relative clunker with all that untrimmable cable and cable tied battery business. What's Dura Ace Di2 weigh in at, about 2.5kg? Think I'll have a google to see what EPS is gonna be...

Gotta like threads like this. Campy is lovely, I just think double tap shifters and the new front dérailleur with yaw trim has it nailed mechanically. Don't like the thumb shifter on campy personally.

Now Ultegra Di2. That is very heavy
Have Campy Chorus and i wasn't sure about the thumb shifting but grew to love it. Climbing out of the saddle and shifting up a gear without moving from the hoods helps so much.

tigger

Über Member
Have Campy Chorus and i wasn't sure about the thumb shifting but grew to love it. Climbing out of the saddle and shifting up a gear without moving from the hoods helps so much.

Can't you do that with all shifters? How's the thumb shifter from the drops out of interest?

Top Bottom