2k on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cheshire Celt

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Where's the bridge I'm gonna jump lol

Can't you do that with all shifters? How's the thumb shifter from the drops out of interest?
Thumb shifter only for changing up. It's on the inside of the hoods so your thumb reaches perfectly. The down shift is Shimano similar with your middle finger changing the gears down. I also have Shimano and don't mind it. Just i prefer the Campag.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Now Ultegra Di2. That is very heavy

A lot of the unecessary weight from Di2 comes from the mounting used for the battery, and the actual weight of the battery itself. The weight of the system can be drastically reduced if you want to do this. I have a full Di2 bike with additional sprint shifters which is under the uci weight limit, you can get the system weight down to 2kg-ish without to much hastle.
Di2 is incredible and easy to mod, show me any other system which allows you to run, drop shifters, bar top shifters and more alongside standard shifters with such ease.

Super Record EPS comes in at 2.1kg and is very slick, but I would not reccomend it to anyone at this time as its very complicated to modify and troubleshoot issues with compared to Di2

Di2 is worth the money, the weight and so much more. I have not met anyone who regrets choosing it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you see any bikes you liked in Evans, retailer aside?

Did you find any other shops - Google is pretty poor for indy shops in Manchester - are there any?

Leisure Lakes are in Bury and Preston - have a beefy selection of road bikes on their website

How about a day trip to London...?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah you need one of their flagship branches - they don't have a great rep - it can be impossible to actually get any manner of service. Find a friendly indy even if you have to travel

Most LBSs focus on specific brands - need to find a few you like and then find a retailer

A lot of the unecessary weight from Di2 comes from the mounting used for the battery, and the actual weight of the battery itself. The weight of the system can be drastically reduced if you want to do this. I have a full Di2 bike with additional sprint shifters which is under the uci weight limit, you can get the system weight down to 2kg-ish without to much hastle.
Di2 is incredible and easy to mod, show me any other system which allows you to run, drop shifters, bar top shifters and more alongside standard shifters with such ease.

Super Record EPS comes in at 2.1kg and is very slick, but I would not reccomend it to anyone at this time as its very complicated to modify and troubleshoot issues with compared to Di2

Di2 is worth the money, the weight and so much more. I have not met anyone who regrets choosing it.
Give it a few years and people will be considered "old school" for choosing mechanical groupo's! lol.
Even 2013 bikes are putting Di2 thoroughly in the mix. Some of the 2013 Cannondale range with Di2 looks epic!

Lee_M

Guru
Interestingly the canyon bike size numbers tell me I need a 58cm frame. Just about every other system tells me I need a 62cm

I already have a 58cm bike and the head post is way too short to get a comfortable position, so I'm a bit wary of their calcs.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed - there are loads of shops around. Canyon bikes are meant to be great but many other bikes are great too and you can buy them in a shop in the UK

You were talking about going to Germany, going to London first would seem sensible - Condor, On Your Bike, big Cyclesurgery, big Evans, Actionbikes, Specialized Concept store - bit further out of town - Pearsons, Corridori, Geoffrey Butler...you should be able to find something to sit on ok...

If you are not in a rush, wait 8 weeks for the 2013 bikes to appear more

Noodley

I have bought several bikes over the internet, and all it takes to get the right fit is to take a bit of time to take the right measurements and ask any questions you may have - every company I have dealt with has been exceptionally helpful.

Different bike will have different geometries e.g my Bianchi is a 63cm whilst my Specialized is a 58cm.

But if you need to sit on it then you need to go to a shop.

Top Bottom