3 aero bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
My thoughts?

What an absolutely beautiful looking machine! It was the bike that first attracted me to the Ridley brand. Slippery smooth looking and fast in name and nature. Sadly, I was new to cycling when I saw it and couldn’t have done it justice, let alone afford it at the time. When I was in a better position, they were no longer available.

They moved away from some of the ultra aero design and allegedly made the Noah SL actually a faster bike, if you believe the hype and reviews. The fast has aero hidden brakes and a seatpost integrated into the frame, with a few other things I can’t remember.

I am unbelievably pleased with my Noah SL though and am sure you would love the Fast too. I am 175cm and chose to size down to an XS frame. Sounds small but aridley sizing is one phase out to most. A size S frame would have been right on paper, but I have the XS with a very slightly longer 120mm stem.

Have you found one available then?

EDIT: Don’t post up a link btw, just in case you miss out.
Maybe!
Can’t find many reviews on it as it is an older bike, but the ones I have say very harsh ride particularly with the carbon wheels etc, but I don’t suppose you buy a bike like that for comfort.

bpsmith

Veteran
Maybe!
Can’t find many reviews on it as it is an older bike, but the ones I have say very harsh ride particularly with the carbon wheels etc, but I don’t suppose you buy a bike like that for comfort.
Mine is described as being a harsh ride, which is probably more so being a smaller frame. It’s certainly stiff, but I wouldn’t describe it as harsh at all tbh. I did the Velothon on mine with carbon wheels last year. Over 90 miles, with rolling hills and a couple of challenging ones. Not exactly designed for that terrain, but I had no complaints whatsoever.

bpsmith

Veteran
Here’s mine btw, just to compare the differences between the Fast and the SL.
5CC3F7F0-F6C1-4035-A48F-8D4128CF8EBE.jpeg

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
3 aero bikes, all roughly similar cost around the 2k mark, any owners or thoughts appreciated cheers.

Giant Propel advanced 0 Di2 Ultegra, Carbon shrouded alloy wheelset, alloy fork steerer, 2017

View attachment 393423

Giant Propel advanced Pro 1 Ultegra 6800, full Carbon wheelset, full Carbon fork, 2017

View attachment 393424

Planet X EC130 Ultegra 8000, full Carbon wheelset, 2018

View attachment 393425
20% off the Planet X EC130 Ultegra. Use code PRSHIMAN20 at checkout. Offer is on ALL Shimano equipped bikes and ends 6/2/18.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Oh dear, tying myself in knots now, iPad and long dark winter nights scouring the internet are not a good mix.
The Planet X EC130e 8000 Ultegra with deep section carbons has just dropped 20% down to £1600 (without delivery)
I do like the look of that bike....

bpsmith

Veteran
Yes that is nice,
So if I generally ride medium what would you say was my size, do they come up massively different to other brands?
The fast is a 2016 apparently.
Depends on your height and inside leg I guess. Found this size chart for the Noah Fast online. Compare this to what you currently have in order to get an idea. Riding it is generally the best way to know for sure obviously.

ridley-noah-fast.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
Is the Noah Fast brand new and similar in price? Would be a no brainer if it was tbh.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Depends on your height and inside leg I guess. Found this size chart for the Noah Fast online. Compare this to what you currently have in order to get an idea. Riding it is generally the best way to know for sure obviously.

View attachment 393993
Not gonna happen with that bike, as it’s across the sea so would take a giant leap of faith to plump for it.
At just over 2k though it is tempting.
I see it has an intergrated seatpost which would need cutting to suit?
This would then limit its use if ever selling on?

bpsmith

Veteran
Not gonna happen with that bike, as it’s across the sea so would take a giant leap of faith to plump for it.
At just over 2k though it is tempting.
I see it has an intergrated seatpost which would need cutting to suit?
This would then limit its use if ever selling on?
As per my message, certainly risky.

Seatpost thing is only an issue if you have a bike that’s way too big for you and have to chip loads off the mast.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
3 aero bikes, all roughly similar cost around the 2k mark, any owners or thoughts appreciated cheers.

Giant Propel advanced 0 Di2 Ultegra, Carbon shrouded alloy wheelset, alloy fork steerer, 2017

View attachment 393423

Giant Propel advanced Pro 1 Ultegra 6800, full Carbon wheelset, full Carbon fork, 2017

View attachment 393424

Planet X EC130 Ultegra 8000, full Carbon wheelset, 2018

View attachment 393425
What about this, 2017 Giant Propel Advanced 0, Size M, brand new £1400 or best offer plus £15 postage.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=263470701157&globalID=EBAY-GB
That's cheap and it'll sell quick, snooze you loose!
Check out their other bikes, they have a new Propel Advanced 2 for £900 or best offer, not quite the spec you were after but a bargain.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    520.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
What about this, 2017 Giant Propel Advanced 0, Size M, brand new £1400 or best offer plus £15 postage.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=263470701157&globalID=EBAY-GB
That's cheap and it'll sell quick, snooze you loose!
Check out their other bikes, they have a new Propel Advanced 2 for £900 or best offer, not quite the spec you were after but a bargain.

Thanks for the heads up on that one, been a busy afternoon/evening but I managed to stick in an offer that was rejected, but then got it for £1300 ^_^
It sure made my mind up in a hurry, like you said “you snooze you lose”
We'll see what turns up!
Good spot though thanks!
267FCEFD-D069-4462-BAF8-EAB08094D4C9.jpeg

Top Bottom