1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 aero bikes

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Justinslow, 27 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Heigue'r

Heigue'r Über Member

Lovely looking bike,looking forward to a ride report.

2. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

Well, what turned up was a disappointment.
    Bike is covered in sctratches and has damage to the front wheel.
    The chip described in the ad is probably the least conspicuous one. Not impressed, I can only think the delivery company treated it like a suitcase heading to some far away land as the packaging wasn’t great and I suspect a fair amount of rubbing and chaffing and bashing going on.

3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Did you take photos of it before unpacking?
    Call the seller asap. Sounds like not as described regardless of damage in transit. Who was the courier, the bay ad says £15 postage which suggests cheap uninsured

Last edited: 7 Feb 2018
  4. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

5. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

What a shame - did you buy it outside of ebay? How did you pay?

6. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

A division of APC, that particular shop normally offer free delivery if you spend over £50 so I suspect it’s a nominal fee for eBay.
    Nope didn’t take photos before, but have plenty now. According to their eBay page they offer 14 day money back with postage covered anyway.
    It’s a shame as it is new, you can see that, just bashed about. I don’t think I can own a “best bike” that’s a mess before I start whatever the spec may be or the hugely discounted price I may pay, just don’t think I can “love” it.
    :cry:

7. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I wouldn’t want a £1300 bashed about bike whatever the spec

8. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

Through eBay, so all legit.

Attached Files:

9. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Phew! Hope you get it sorted easily - get the company to arrange their own courier.

10. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

Already sent them messages and pics but they are actually a bike shop too so could contact direct, and I don’t want to criticise too much as it may have been down to the courier. They pointed out the chip but like I say the chip is the least of the problems.

11. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

I don't think it is the courier - you can see from the eBay image that the seat tube damage was there before.

2018-02-07_09-36-39.png

biggs682 likes this.
  12. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

oh dear @Justinslow hope you get it sorted soon with not too much aggro

13. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

Good spot, yes grainy image but definitely a mark there in the exact position, just shows the perils of buying a bike unseen.
    Just phoned the shop and they are going to look into it whatever that means.

14. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

Knowing that was there before changes everything @Milkfloat thanks. Not happy, you can hardly miss it.

15. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Good luck.

Justinslow likes this.