3 aero bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Well,
Money talks...
They’ve offered me a new front wheel to replace the damaged one, a new seat post to replace the chipped one and £250 refund
So basically after thinking hard I’ve accepted.
I know some people who can touch up the frame in the couple of places that needs it for a few quid so should have a nice bike for quite a bit less than it’s worth hopefully.
Chances are in my garage with my two kids knocking about it won’t stay pristine anyway, that’s not to say it won’t get looked after.

vickster

Legendary Member
Check it's the right size first

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Change of plan again.
After another look round it this afternoon, found another crack in the carbon on the rear wheel, only small but it’s a crack.
Bikes now boxed up to return.
To be fair the bike shop have been very good about it and have arranged pick up for Friday with full refund.
Would of been a great bike at just over a grand with Di2 but far too many scuffs and blemishes for my liking playing on my mind.
Not for me in the end.
Hopefully they’ll advertise properly this time then you know what you’re buying.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Those SL1 wheels look like they are carbon fairings to me so the damage wont effect the wheels structure .
I would be tempted to keep the bike given the offer they gave you . Maybe ask for a new rear wheel also to chance you luck ^_^
The Di2 group set alone is £900 .
Keep an eye out for a new frame at a bargain price and boom baby !

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The photo of the seat tube looks worse than a bit of paint, I love a bargain and actually prefer a bit of paint damage when I buy a bike, but that is too much even for me.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yes the frame damage is quite bad and looks like it’s gone through the first layer of carbon, the more I look at it the more I realise I mustn’t put money ahead of sense. They wouldn’t swing for a new rear wheel too. Yes I know what Di2 costs but the alarm bells keep ringing on this one and I haven’t got the time or space to split a bike up. Whatever spin I put on it, No thanks, mind made up now.

Attachments

• FC83D7AA-6E54-4856-A0DA-670A30AF1864.jpeg
    FC83D7AA-6E54-4856-A0DA-670A30AF1864.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
So the Giant went back on Friday,
Since then I’ve acquired this today instead through a friend of @biggs682 which was mentioned up thread.
Very happy and as you could probably tell from my previous posts was drawn to the PX right at the beginning.
Planet X EC130 with full Di2 Ultegra and vision Metron 81’s in great condition at a year old.
We got there in the end!
Thanks for the contact Martin, much appreciated!
7159519B-A484-4B06-976B-F0B07A47626D.jpeg

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Tidy bike mate ! You might want to keep an eye out for a matching front wheel with a smaller profile . Front rims that size are a bugger in any type of wind .

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So the Giant went back on Friday,
Since then I’ve acquired this today instead through a friend of @biggs682 which was mentioned up thread.
Very happy and as you could probably tell from my previous posts was drawn to the PX right at the beginning.
Planet X EC130 with full Di2 Ultegra and vision Metron 81’s in great condition at a year old.
We got there in the end!
Thanks for the contact Martin, much appreciated!
View attachment 395448
That's a top black bike indeed.....some will hate it, but enjoy the ride mate

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Have you already got clip on TT bars ?
Yes mate from before I got the Trinity a couple of years ago.
The front wheel is very deep agreed, but a much wider U profile than my old PX wheel of the same size, now that was truly awful, hopefully this one won’t be as bad but yes I take your point!

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
That's a top black bike indeed.....some will hate it, but enjoy the ride mate
Yes @vickster won't be impressed, but I love it and it’s my preferred colour that this bike comes in.
Just a quick spin round the block and the Di2 is fantastic - flawless.
Just need to get used to the feel of the buttons.

Top Bottom