3 Grand. Bike of a lifetime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Seems you are ok with plastic on your property though :eek:
Actually it's been banished to the shed :whistle:

I like carbon forks, all my bikes have them. I like carbon bikes, but I don't believe a £3k factory one from a global manufacturer is a bike for a lifetime

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Actually it's been banished to the shed :whistle:

I like carbon forks, all my bikes have them. I like carbon bikes, but I don't believe a £3k factory one from a global manufacturer is a bike for a lifetime
I was talking about the plastic doors :thumbsdown: After the "finer things in life" speech and then seeing those I am shocked :eek:

vickster

Legendary Member
UPVC...yeah wood rots (and I'm not made of money as the whole house was done)...and I live in a 3 bed EoT in Sutton...hardly worth spending oodles on :biggrin:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Shame , if you thought about it you could sell without a loss and afford plastic bikes :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Thought I'd bump this as it may all be falling into place at last. Firstly, I've managed in principle to secure early retirement. I go back on a new contract 3 days a week in an obviously different role. Trying to negotiate the 'when' has been problematic though. Work are not the problem, Teacher's Pensions in Darlington are. That aside it comes down to a straight fight, which is about as clear as mud. I want something a little different bordering premium brand. Storck kind of fit that bill, but in the background sits a Cervelo R3 or even S3. Seems straightforward! Not so, however. Been suggested I look at the Scenero, which I can get with hydraulic discs for £3400, or have as standard Ultegra build for much less and put some superior wheels on like Fulcrum Racing Zero/Campag Shamal. There again there's the Scentron. Now there is one which I may be able to get as an ex-display with some fancy wheels (American Classic Carbon 38 clinchers). Reviews are always good, even if it resembles a Panzerwagon with its oversized tubes. But there's the rub it's basically a sportive bike. The Scenero has some aero pretensions but I could have that with either discs or Di2, but not both for about the same as the Scentron. I am one confused bunny!

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Came across a bike shop, just opened , on the A4 at Thatcham today. As in all cases i was unable to pass by it so parked up and went in. Nice cafe there by the looks of it. Had a long chat with the owner about my new bike needs. Turns out they are my nearest Boardman Elite dealers, the chat has put me in a right quandry. I had pretty much decided on a Cervelo S3 with Ultegra Di2 with American Classics Aero 420 wheels, but I can get a Boardman Elite 9.4 Disc for £3300. So that's Ultegra Di2 and disc brakes for £600 less than the Cervelo. 950g frame and 400g fork so not exactly a heavyweight. Retul bike fit also, cost of which is knocked off the price if you buy from them.I would be really interested to hear views on whether or not I should deviate from my tunnel vision about the S3.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Came across a bike shop, just opened , on the A4 at Thatcham today. As in all cases i was unable to pass by it so parked up and went in. Nice cafe there by the looks of it. Had a long chat with the owner about my new bike needs. Turns out they are my nearest Boardman Elite dealers, the chat has put me in a right quandry. I had pretty much decided on a Cervelo S3 with Ultegra Di2 with American Classics Aero 420 wheels, but I can get a Boardman Elite 9.4 Disc for £3300. So that's Ultegra Di2 and disc brakes for £600 less than the Cervelo. 950g frame and 400g fork so not exactly a heavyweight. Retul bike fit also, cost of which is knocked off the price if you buy from them.I would be really interested to hear views on whether or not I should deviate from my tunnel vision about the S3.
Its a no brainer for me, disc brakes all the way..........

Top Bottom