3 Grand. Bike of a lifetime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
In that you are limited to wheels that take disc brakes way. Or am i wrong?
But if spending 3k on your dream bike....you wouldnt be looking for 2nd hand wheels, you would by custom built or highend off the shelf options from enve, zipp, reynolds, mavic, ffwd etc etc

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In that you are limited to wheels that take disc brakes way. Or am i wrong?

And as I said. That's not a limitation.
Disc brake wheels also last far longer then rim brake wheels as they suffer no wear.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Wheels are limited - but i use carbon wheels and no longer have to worry about wearing down brake tracks or stopping on carbon rims :okay:
I can see the up side to that! All my good wheels are carbon and i can swap them between bikes if i want. A disc bije would cause me problems with that. Just saying.

jowwy

I can see the up side to that! All my good wheels are carbon and i can swap them between bikes if i want. A disc bije would cause me problems with that. Just saying.
Not if all your bikes were disc braked - like mine :okay:

jowwy

Then you could buy this @Cuchilo

image.jpg

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Have been expanding my search and my budget. I may go to around the £4000 mark and wheels upgrade, but really like the look of this .https://www.i-ride.co.uk/2015-Super-King-Chorus-EPS-Bike.aspx There is a Ultegra Di2 version allegedly for under 4 grand. Another option could be this. http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360100441/felt_bicycles_f2.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7

bpsmith

Veteran

jowwy

Pinarello bringing out the f8 in disc brake option called the Gan disc........around 4k i believe with hydraulic disc

3narf

For whom the bell dings
And when cheap hydraulic discs start getting fitted to road bikes, then we'll start seeing a new problem emerging: the inbuilt 'distance simulator' as they start to bind half way through a ride!

Mountain bikers will tolerate that sort of thing but on a road bike? Hmm...

Who started talking about brakes, anyway? :blush:

Top Bottom