700cc titanium frame with drops, discs and rack guard mounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Brown

Anyone know of a bike that has all of the following:

700cc wheels
Titanium frame
Drop handle bars
Disc Brakes
Mounts for mud guards and rack

Bodhbh

Guru
http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/a...yclocross/titanium-cyclocross---cooper-cx.php

Taht the thing? Sorry not really my department, but came across it browsing the other day and it looks good to me.

OP
OP
Nick Brown

Nick Brown

The Cooper CX did not appear to have disc mounts.
And it's also frame only, shipping from the US!

OP
OP
Nick Brown

Nick Brown

I am aware of the Van Nicholas Amazon etc, and the Lynskey Performance frames, and the Enigma Etape, and while these are all Titanium 700cc, none appear to have disc mounts (and/or mud and rack mounts) as standard.
I was looking for a frame/bike that met the requirements I listed without having to go the custom frame route.

OP
OP
Nick Brown

Nick Brown

I'm keen on disc brakes as they have better stopping power, which is useful in wet and hilly Scotland, particularly with the extra weight of paniers.
They also save of rim wear. (I recently had to replace my from wheel due to this).

P.H

Über Member
Nick Brown said:
I am aware of the Van Nicholas Amazon etc, and the Lynskey Performance frames, and the Enigma Etape, and while these are all Titanium 700cc, none appear to have disc mounts (and/or mud and rack mounts) as standard.
I was looking for a frame/bike that met the requirements I listed without having to go the custom frame route.

Look again;)
The Van Nick Amazon frame has disk mounts, rack and guard fittings
http://vannicholas.com/Gallery/ama_2_m.jpg

The fork might not, but then it's not a great fork anyway. Use one of the shops that put them together to spec and they'll find a suitable fork. Van Nick dealers with good reputations on the forum include; Bike Plus, Paul Hewitt and Fat Birds Don't Fly.

gabriel959

You could try the Sabbath September, it has deffo got the mudguards and ranniers fittings not so sure about the disc brakes, they are overkill unless you are off-road.

bonj2

have a look at this for an insight into the difficulties of having disc brakes on a road bike, it explains quite well why they don't. Basically the forks just haven't got the torsional strength for MTB disk brakes.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Nick Brown said:
I keen on disc brakes as they have better stopping power, which is useful in wet and hilly Scotland, particularly with the extra weight of paniers.
They also save of rim wear. (I recently had to replace my from wheel due to this).

You could always fit hydraulic rim brakes such as Magura. You must get in a lot of miles, use Shimano or equally abrasive brake pads or ride in a really hostile gritty environment for rim wear to be a major issue.

Have you tried Koolstop salmon brake pads. They are a whole lot cheaper than buying a titanium framed set up to save the cost of a replacement rim. ;)

FWIW, I have found Froggleg cantis and the TEKTRO 720 cantis do a great job of stopping 22.5 stones of me plus my camping accoutrements.

OP
OP
Nick Brown

Nick Brown

vernon said:
You could always fit hydraulic rim brakes such as Magura. You must get in a lot of miles, use Shimano or equally abrasive brake pads or ride in a really hostile gritty environment for rim wear to be a major issue.

Yip, I ride on a lot of sandy paths (they are near the coast) during wet winters here in Scotland, such that rim wear is an issue.
That said, at time I think some city streets in winter can almost be as bad.

Top Bottom