a bit of a rant....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

You need to go viral on Facebook and Twitter about this vile woman- she deserves public ridicule and fast.
nah, im not that petty.
If she wants to be a pathetic waste of space, leave her be.
What comes around goes around and all that.
Ill continue helping those who genuinely need and appreciate what I do and she can carry on being the vile human being that she is.

Tin Pot

Guru
You need to go viral on Facebook and Twitter about this vile woman- she deserves public ridicule and fast.
I'd advise against that - plenty of people will see the other side...

Woman buys bike, suffers permanent psychological injury, man uses threatening attitude, humiliated her on tinterweb, blah blah...18 months suspended sentence is too short, bring back the death penalty blah blah... Jeremy Kyle to do the musical.

sanddancer

I helped an inlaw with their car years ago.
the battery was flat, got it started, tested and alternator was duff.
took it off and told her to get her husband to get a replacement tomorrow and where to go to get it and I would refit it.
wanted me to do the running round I was busy ffs.
Fits part and car is fine.
about 14 months later I get a phone call out of the blue which starts.
"That part is crap etc"
When I finally realise what the rant is about I explain the part is over 12 month old etc and there could be another reason causing the alternator to fail.

suddenly its my fault she can't get to where she is going so I suggest a taxi and I shall look at the car when I get chance.

turned out the interior light had been left on :sad:
So I removed the battery and put it on charge and explained how to take it off charge the next day etc.

I got my battery charger back blown :sad:

The next time I gave her the phone number for a local garage I know ;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A "No win, no fee" solicitor will only take a case on if they have a very good chance of success as the costs will be down to them if they lose.
minimum claim is £1k afaik as well, whats she going to claim that amount for i wonder , if she can walk, ride a bike and text ........................

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Um. I think that you should see CAB as soon as you can. I really do.
One of my buddies, helped out a lady (in ladies own home) by clipping her dog and de matting it as 'lady' couldn't afford a grooming service and couldn't do it herself (IMO if you can't afford a groomer on a breed that needs grooming either learn or don't buy the dog in the first place).
Friend did the dog, took no money at all. Next thing (2 days later) she is all over the local rag 'groomer traumatised my dog and made him bald'
As luck would have it, groomer pal took pictures and remembered to take the matted pelt away and labelled it properly - we do this sort of arse covering exercise on a daily basis nowadays. Woman sued, and won and then did the whole hate campaign thing.

People are horrible. You sound like you have met a suer - or a sewer, cos that's where these people come out from. She's after a fast buck but be aware she will post vitriol on facebook/twitter and any other social media that she can. Seriously, see CAB for advice as these things can and will escalate very quickly if not nipped in the bud. I know that you are just helping people out but that is not how her solicitor will spin it.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
My friend runs a scrap metal yard in the corner he has a very large cage.
In that cage is a large dog named Satan above is a sign that reads all complaints to be reported here.
Apparently he has had no complaints.
The dog has a free run of the yard at night and he has not had one theft. ;)

midlife

Guru
It depends I guess if she classes it as a Consumer sale.

If you were a trader what would you have done differently? Not a lot, took something in as a part ex and then sold it on after making it of merchantable qualiy. Are your actions those of a trader?

Devils advocate. She will struggle to get a lawyer but not sure what would happen if she went to trading standards?

Shaun

DEFENDER01

Über Member
If she has nothing in writing invoice etc there isn't a thing she can do.
She sounds like a chancer to me bet this is not the first time she has tried it on.
Ask her if she wants to settle out of court if she says yes tell her to bring you the bike and you will give her the money back.
Thats about the only settlement she would get from me.:okay:

midlife

Guru
You don't need anything in writing if it ends up being classed as a consumer sale, the law applies irrespective of invoices etc.

Shaun

Drago

Legendary Member
Change any phone numbers, close any email accounts, suspend any public cycle repair work you're doing, pretend you never met her. Unless you've given her some paperwork she's not going to be able to prove otherwise, the balance of probability test won't be met, no solicitor will touch it.

Sounds like the only evidence she has of contact with you is your phone number, and if you deprive her of even that and play dumb she's got nothing but her word against yours that you even met, which ain't worth a pile of dogpois.

andyfraser

Über Member
I used to help people with their computers, purely as a friendly gesture and not for money. I got sick of people calling me, sometimes at 10pm or later, expecting me to drop everything to help them.

The final straw was the person with the failing hard drive. I ran spinrite on it and got it working but warned that the drive could completely fail at any time. I told them to get a new drive ASAP and I'd fit it if they wanted. I heard nothing for 3 months. I then got a phone call calling me all sorts of names and asking what I'd done to their hard drive as it had failed. I reminded them that I'd told them that would happen and they didn't listen so they can eff off!

That was the final straw and I haven't done any free IT support since (over 10 years ago).

Top Bottom