A company responds..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Do you also think indicators are for losers?

Not at all, but for all you know he may have but when you swing out and straighten back up they switch off, he may have been doing all his visual checks round twenty points and again, and been to busy to notice his indicator was off...... On the other hand he may just be a tozzer that doesnt use them

vickster

Legendary Member
The lorry should have indicated as that is a straight on or left lane, true, but I still wouldn't have risked it as the road position suggested he may go left.
But going up the inside of that bus straddling the bike lane was pretty daft

I wouldn't have reported it, but if the driver uses his indicator next time, all well and good :smile:

Not at all, but for all you know he may have but when you swing out and straighten back up they switch off, he may have been doing all his visual checks round twenty points and again, and been to busy to notice his indicator was off...... On the other hand he may just be a tozzer that doesnt use them
No indicators when the truck was still stationary.

Your second summary is the correct one.

The indicator could've been on and turned off before them cycle cam passed the bus, thus meaning we never saw it on
Ah, maybe. I would have thought signalling your intentions in such s beast an important priority and would not have moved until checked.

Im a wagon driver and corners like that you have to take it wide to avoid the barriers, he was half in left turn lane so there was only one way he was going

A lorry driver's positioning doesn't mean anything much, that's why the vehicle is fitted with indicators. Lorry drivers routinely straddle lanes, cut corners, fail to indicate.

I mean that just because a lorry is pointing in a certain way, or in a certain lane, doesn't mean squit.

Tin Pot

Guru
Not a big deal IMO, but good that the driver will be more likely to use his indicators in future.

U

User6179

It still amazes me that some cyclists will still go up the inside of a lorry , the driver not indicating does not amaze me though as sadly most don't bother at traffic lights , the video is a lesson for both cyclists and drivers on how easily a tragedy could happen , the junction is terrible as well as the road seems to narrow if your going left or if you were to go the way the OP going you need to cross from the cycle lane to the outside lane which in itself you could end up being left hooked , personally I would come out the cycle lane before the lights and join the queue of traffic as the OP did .

I must admit I see worse than that and don't think to report it. Maybe I should? Just seems fairly normal everyday behaviour to me that's why we have to stay alert and judge the situation accordingly.
Suppose it may make him think next time.

You think that the vehicles that kill the most people should be treated the same as the road user that kills the fewest?

Top Bottom