A company responds..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3684779, member: 45"]It does. It's an indication that the driver might be about to do something unexpected .[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I just said. You cannot trust ANYTHING about a lorry like that.

lee1980sim

Maybe the driver was signalling but his rear indicator wasn't working, now there's Devils advocate for you

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Yes, that's what I just said. You cannot trust ANYTHING about a lorry like that.

I am a cyclist first, a wagon driver second and a car driver third , i have my motorbike licence as well,

I would love all of the above to come out with me in my wagon and see just how bad car drivers and cyclists are!

If everyone spent a week in a wagon you would realise just what im talking about ! We cant stop on a sixpence!

We also cant see 100% around our wagon, but we also spend 1000000% of our time trying not to touch anything, we see more things out of our cab that car drivers cant see being so low.

Yes there are bad wagon drivers as in every walk of life, but 99% of wagon drivers are great, and will do there best to keep everyone else safe.

We have spent millions of hours on the road, and passed many tests and extra corricular hours in classrooms, and i can quite easyly say i have never hurt anyone.

Tell you what i drive all over the country, before you make judgement, please feel free to spend a day with me in my wagon, and i think you will all be shocked at what accidents we prevent, and dont even batter an eyelid !

Tin Pot

Guru
lkrndxabzhxgqay1ryji.jpg

Attachments

• lkrndxabzhxgqay1ryji.jpg
    lkrndxabzhxgqay1ryji.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 29

subaqua

What’s the point
Risk your life on a bus not moving slowly forward to fill a gap before the lights change on a tight path with a handy lamppost to crush you against???

everybody elses fault where spinners is concerned. wants all the rights and none of the responsibilities .....

that said the crane driver should have indicated especially when the lane position is ambiguious, and thats not taking away the fact that a left turn there would mean being in the rightlane to allow the vehicle to get round.

look , see, think act.

subaqua

What’s the point
I've never said anything of the kind and I'll thank you not to lie about what I've said.

on 99.9% of the threads you jump onto it is always NOT the cyclists fault . even when the evidence shows them to be riding like cockwombles.

I certainly would not have
a) rode down the tiny gap the bus left ,
b) rode down the side of the large vehicle - indicator on or not
in the example above.

Mod Note: Post Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
angry blonde, the lorry drivers who killed Alan Neve and Catriona Patel had between them been banned from driving a grand total of 25 (twenty five) times. Both got jobs driving a lorry in the capital. Does that really sound like a safe and properly administered industry to you? Fleet drivers are usually excellent but claiming that 99% of HGV drivers are good is a sick joke.

Top Bottom