A company responds..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With the traffic light on red almost a hundred feet ahead.

There was a cycle lane there, the lorry driver should have known perfectly well that it was likely there would be riders on his nearside, either his truck's faulty or he didn't bother to indicate.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
angry blonde, the lorry drivers who killed Alan Neve and Catriona Patel had between them been banned from driving a grand total of 25 (twenty five) times. Both got jobs driving a lorry in the capital. Does that really sound like a safe and properly administered industry to you? Fleet drivers are usually excellent but claiming that 99% of HGV drivers are good is a sick joke.

So your saying its always the hgv fault ? What a nobber, before you comment spend a day in my wagon

Its also two fold, i am a great cyclist, i know where i shouldnt go, because i am aware,

One day with me in my wagon, then comment, untill then tour say means nothing as you dont know what your talking about

Tin Pot

Guru
Burning%20a%20Gypsy%20wagon%20at%20funeral%20ceremony,%201947unliv.jpg

Attachments

• Burning%20a%20Gypsy%20wagon%20at%20funeral%20ceremony,%201947unliv.jpg
    Burning%20a%20Gypsy%20wagon%20at%20funeral%20ceremony,%201947unliv.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 33

simon.r

Person
@glenn forger - I'm not going to trawl through all your posts, but my perception of you is that you are very anti driver and sometimes seem to be unable to see an issue from a driver's perspective. I'm obviously not the only one who has this perception.

When I read your posts I tend to treat them as I would when reading the words of a politician, knowing that there is likely to be an agenda behind them.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Im not even going to argue any more, yes im a wagon driver, yes i havent hit or killed anyone, but by the way this is going, were all knobbers, who are blind and we are majour dangers, i will not be commeting any more !

Pointless, but i for one will never be hit off a wagon on the road

Because i know what goes on

All the best people. Stay safe x x

Tin Pot

Guru
Want a burger with that beer?

3829184624_e55c371c26.jpg

Attachments

• 3829184624_e55c371c26.jpg
    3829184624_e55c371c26.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 33
the way this is going, were all knobbers, who are blind and we are majour dangers

Nope, nobody's said that either.

Tell you what, forget about the four thousand tacho prosecutions last year, despite checks being reduced. Forget about police actions like Operation Safeway that found that most HGVs on the road were breaking the law in some way, some serious breaches. Let's just look at the deaths. Cos we both want to reduce the numbers of people getting killed, right?

The lorry driver who killed Eilidh Cairns had faulty eyesight (the police didn't even bother to discover this until the same driver killed another woman.)

The lorry driver who killed cyclist Brian Dorling turned across his path.

The lorry driver who killed cyclist Svetlana Tereschenko was in an unsafe lorry, failing to indicate and chatting on a mobile. The police decided to charge him with..nothing.

The lorry driver who killed cyclist Deep Lee failed to notice her and smashed into her from behind.

The lorry driver that killed cyclist Andrew McNicoll failed to notice him and side swiped him.

The lorry driver that killed cyclist Daniel Cox was in a truck which did not have the correct mirrors and whose driver had pulled into the ASL on a red light and was indicating in the opposite direction to which he turned.

That doesn't sound like cautious behaviour by lorry drivers to me.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Nope, nobody's said that either.

Tell you what, forget about the four thousand tacho prosecutions last year, despite checks being reduced. Forget about police actions like Operation Safeway that found that most HGVs on the road were breaking the law in some way, some serious breaches. Let's just look at the deaths. Cos we both want to reduce the numbers of people getting killed, right?

The lorry driver who killed Eilidh Cairns had faulty eyesight (the police didn't even bother to discover this until the same driver killed another woman.)

The lorry driver who killed cyclist Brian Dorling turned across his path.

The lorry driver who killed cyclist Svetlana Tereschenko was in an unsafe lorry, failing to indicate and chatting on a mobile. The police decided to charge him with..nothing.

The lorry driver who killed cyclist Deep Lee failed to notice her and smashed into her from behind.

The lorry driver that killed cyclist Andrew McNicoll failed to notice him and side swiped him.

The lorry driver that killed cyclist Daniel Cox was in a truck which did not have the correct mirrors and whose driver had pulled into the ASL on a red light and was indicating in the opposite direction to which he turned.

That doesn't sound like cautious behaviour by lorry drivers to me.

Right shall i start with all the car vs car deaths ?

Check your facts before you spout crap

Angry Blonde

Über Member
and as of hgv drivers tachos you are welcome to come cisit my work and check our tachos, we have a green light with vosa, but obviousy you know about all that too

Right shall i start with all the car vs car deaths ?

Check your facts before you spout crap

What facts are you disputing? This is a cycling forum, you chose to come here and boast that "99% of lorry drivers are great." The more recent fatality was Alan Neve. He was killed by a lorry driver who was uninsured, had no licence for the vehicle he was driving, had jumped a red light and had crap on his dash that obscured his view.

Now, what are you claiming is "crap" please?

Top Bottom