A nation yawns.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I think that the more vitriolic posts on this thread should be directed entirely at the press as they whipped up the maudlin, fake sentimentality which surrounded her death. She cannot be held responsible for that, nor can her sons or the rest of the Royal Family.

The sad thing is that a mother who was loved by her kids died, so just bear that in mind before you gob off about her and if you still wish to, then I suppose you can. But it really is probably better saved for the national disgrace that is the British press.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Andy in Sig said:
I think that the more vitriolic posts on this thread should be directed entirely at the press as they whipped up the maudlin, fake sentimentality which surrounded her death. She cannot be held responsible for that, nor can her sons or the rest of the Royal Family.

The sad thing is that a mother who was loved by her kids died, so just bear that in mind before you gob off about her and if you still wish to, then I suppose you can. But it really is probably better saved for the national disgrace that is the British press.

i agree to a point. but how many of the people sobbing by the roadside on the funeral route had bought the tabloid papers with their salatious accounts of diana and dodi's relationship just the week before? diana was a gossip columnist's dream. if all these people genuinely loved the woman they'd have had nothing to do with any paper that carried intrusive stories etc. but obviously they did, because any publication that put her in its front cover would see circulation rocket.

national guilt, not grief, methinks.

Top Bottom