A one-person climate improving machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
G2DYB0LfeOlda72guHdpA25T19lPlpjlnmMGxatMFRnuKEXiWuQ2vwJtn-Umk0DLD1NsxVclQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I will take that as a compliment

I like it.

I think it was Karlsruhe a few years ago that offered "Free Hugs" to cyclists, and labeled bike stands "Parking for climate heroes"

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I like that. Us cyclismos should get a tax break....how about reducing vat to 10% on bikes :okay:
You can claim mileage expenses for work related bike journeys... I forget what the rate per mile is [+ there may be tax relief for work-related bike use as well but not sure about that].

Drago

Legendary Member
You can indeed claim mileage for work related cycling, if not from your employer then directly from the revenue. The downside, if one sees it that way, is that if you use a bike for work PUWER applies, which is a can of worms.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sole traders can claim the VAT back on their van though, so it's not all bad,
You can claim for your bike. From Simple Tax;

"You can claim a bicycle as a business expense on your taxes providing it is only used for that business. You would do this byclaiming it as capital expenditure, though please be aware that if you opt to go down this route, you would not be able to claim to the flat rate mileage expense for travelling by bike."

Top Bottom