A poor man and a Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is the red thing on the crossbar a fuel container, if it is would it not be better to put it where the Blue one is, as in the current Position if it leaks it will leak onto your water bottle, and also I think onto your legs, just a thought.

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
Bodhdh: Yes , they are buttery bars with some bar ends, (if you can buy it, make it)
Ticktock: I have two fuel bottles on the bike, The other one goes where the blue water bottle is. The one at the top has the pump in it, so I like to keep it away from the floor. Been doing 20-30 miles rides 3 to 4 times a week for around 10 weeks with the bike loaded and no leaks yet.
I have 3lt of water in the centre triangle, A 1lt bottle and a 2lt bottle, Plus i have a empty 1lt bottle on the bike to use before I camp up(wild)

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
DSCF1735.JPG
DSCF1736.JPG

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
yes, i am a poor man on a bike.
i have had to save for years to get my gear.
I live in a garage for 8 years with no heating and the only hot water i had was what a boiled in my kettle..
I get the right gear for the job. I dont waste what money a earn on drink, fags,petrol, sky tv, ect ect ect.
I have planed to tour for years and this is the second once of what a hope to be many.

yes to fuel bottles for when you buy 1lt bottles. This time i am going to try and not have to use gas and save money.

stephenjubb

Über Member
Me too,
yes, i am a poor man on a bike.
i have had to save for years to get my gear.
I live in a garage for 8 years with no heating and the only hot water i had was what a boiled in my kettle..
I get the right gear for the job. I dont waste what money a earn on drink, fags,petrol, sky tv, ect ect ect.
I have planed to tour for years and this is the second once of what a hope to be many.

yes to fuel bottles for when you buy 1lt bottles. This time i am going to try and not have to use gas and save money.

Me too. Except I live in a shed. How do you find the garage?

Here is an unknown tip for you. Presuming you have an omnifuel? They are loud. The gadget below makes them silent.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BernieDaw...070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256f7a02ee

I've got one and it is brilliant. Only 55 of them in the world hence they are not known. An idea for the future.

stephenjubb

Über Member
perhaps poor financially on a bike, but from what you are going to experience in your forth coming tour you will be richer in many other areas than a lot of other people. Examples are the freedom, out of the rat race etc, experiencing nature in all its glory etc.

One can be rich without being financially rich.

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
I am lucky to have learnt so much from having so little that i am richer than most.

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
yes i have a omnifuel. I have seen something like that before to sort the noise out but to much money at the time but maybe in the future.

OP
OP
andy_spacey

andy_spacey

Über Member
day 37 i think.lol. you soon lose days. with out looking. Well. i have cycled though Belgium, Luxembourg,Germany, Switzerland,in and out of France, Spain and now am in Andorra.
From here i head back toward France then north up to Saint Jean Pied de Port. The traditional starting point for the Camino de Santiago. Then its west to Santiago before i go south to Portugal.

I am doing about 5 to 6 hours a day on the bike. going steady and am covering around 30 to 65 miles but the nor is 50. I have done some big climes and yesterday i go up to 6509 ft in Andorra. I have wild camp i lot on this tour and its made a big difference on cost. I would not be able to do it other wise.

Top Bottom